Have to kill the whole plant after the harvest?

I've seen people kill the whole plant to get the buds. Would like to know if I can let it grow out then flower it again? Do I have to put it through vegetation stage then flowering or can I have it in flowering mode all the way through?

I also have clones vegetate then make cuttings, then put them to flowering, and repeat. What do you think? :reading420magazine:

I've seen people kill the whole plant to get the buds. Would like to know if I can let it grow out then flower it again? Do I have to put it through vegetation stage then flowering or can I have it in flowering mode all the way through?

I also have clones vegetate then make cuttings, then put them to flowering, and repeat. What do you think? :reading420magazine:

Marijuana plants are very predictable as far as changes in the light regimen. To answer your first question, yes you'll have to go back to vegetative growth (18/6 or 24) in order to regenerate the plant. You can't have it on a flowering light schedule the whole way through because, when you harvest you're cutting the flowers off, and obviously any foliage. The plant needs the foliage to produce the buds. So going back to a vegetative state allows the plant to make more canopy in order to get more flowers later.

You'll have to save some vegetation when you harvest in order to make it work, typically the bottom portion with the smallest buds. New growth will show up within a few weeks from forcing it back.

The thing I'm worrying about is root buildup. Right now it is sitting in a 3-Gal air-pot. If I were to put it back to vegetative growth vs a clone which do you think will win the race? Since the plant just harvest I think it will win due to having a better root system. What do you guys think?

Any plant that you consider 'RE-Veging" will have to have the root system cut back.. you will have a fully mature root system for a cut back plant.. too much for it to handle without drasiticly cutting the root mass a bit.. or a lot?

As for which will win.. clones or re-veg, give it a head to head contest, see what happens... ;)

I do it all the time. more for the experince and fun that anything else.. they can come back very healthy or sometimes not at all!

Using the air/smart pots I always start at 5 gal and if I need to move up to a 15 Gal pot, those sukers get heavy!

Aw crap,,, I forgot a very very ipmortant step.. after you have cut the roots away(serrated blades work well, ie. bread knife) dig in with your fingers and gently rip the roots away and apart from each other... give them more room to spread out!
be careful to not over do it.. but the roots have to seperated or you will end up with more root ball issues!

Good luck at ya!

A flowered clone that i wanted to re-veg....

regen_2_.JPG

re-potted and cut roots back like mentioned above^, feed with veg nutes and give 24 hours of light(4-5 hours of dark now and then) and it can turn out like this....

slh10.JPG

:Rasta:

A flowered clone that i wanted to re-veg....

regen_2_.JPG

re-potted and cut roots back like mentioned above^, feed with veg nutes and give 24 hours of light(4-5 hours of dark now and then) and it can turn out like this....

slh10.JPG

:Rasta:

Very nice crazy horse, looks really good.

Another thing I'd recommend is after you do as mentioned with the roots, when you repot put some mycorrhizae in your bucket, in a way that the first things the roots touch when you repot is the mycorrhizae. :goodluck:

I don't know if you've already done this a few times Twelve12 but I experienced this last year with the first plant I ever grew. It's the same bushy mother plant I have going right now. However.. I could have removed more buds than I did..
I left four main-lower branches on, with the bigger buds cut off, as well as the majority of the super-tiny popcorn buds that got hardly any light due to being such a bushy plant.
After a few weeks under 24/0 the plant started reverting to veg. At first the leaves were long and mutated, with only a one or two leaf set. Then eventually it started growing normal shoots. Might be quicker and less strenuous process if 18/6 is used, didn't think to do it before.
I've gone through hell to try and save this plant. She was so bushy her branches were tying themselves in knots. I fought mold forming in the very middle of the branches with 3% Hydrogen Peroxide(I also came across food grade 35% H2o2/65% Water), a fan, and a razor blade to remove the excessively branch bound interior of the plant.

All the trouble was worth it though! Gave me time to think about what I wanted for my setup and how I wanted to do it. I also have pictures of the entire process somewhere, I think they're on my old phone. I'll try and find it sometime.

If either of these other bagseed plants I have going now are any good I may have to do it again. :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom