Hawaii - Seedlings started in August

I have two starts that are around two weeks old and 11 more that are around 1 week old. Will keep best 7. Seeds were from Molokai bagweed I acquired last summer. I had 2oz of what appeared to be an indica dominant hybrid. Buds were all solid… there was 1 large fully seeded bud in the mix. These are the seeds I used.

Prior to starting, I had assumed they would veg through September? Will seedlings started now have time to grow before flowering?

I did a few personal grows 30+ years ago. Things have changed a bit.
mm21.jpg
mm11.jpg
Any advice on island, outdoor growing in pots is greatly appreciated.

Aloha ka kou, stinker. I'm part-Hawaiian, currently living on the mainland. I did some grows 30+ years ago in the islands too.

Hawaii is a tropical region and since you have Molokai pakalolo bagseed, your plants should mature just fine outdoors. The parent plants are acclimated to the tropics. Your plants will just mature at their own pace and then flower. It's not like you need to worry about 25 stadium jacket weather killing your plants. Hawaii rarely dips below 65 degrees f or 85 degrees f unless you live on a volcano like Haleakala, Maui (my uncle has a ranch there and grows his own Maui Wowie ) or Mauna Loa, Big Island.

How do you protect the seedlings in the little nursery pots from rain storms or drying out?

Aloha Cannabelle, mahalo for the response. I don’t know the protocol for first post. I returned to the islands 2 years ago, and just moved from the side of a volcano to a lower dryer hillside known for its light rain.

Wasn’t planning on growing, but sometimes my guy is out and it feels wrong to have to look. + I remember the joy of growing.

I watch the seedlings close and light water every am, larger at 3 days. I want a little root growth before I put in larger pots. I didn’t do that with other two.

I wasn’t sure if I would get any Veg or they would go right to flower. Hope to see 2’, before pre-flower?

Last post here. Everything is taking off. Four confirmed females, Five deceased males and five undecided. I need a neem recipe if anyone can suggest something. Thanks
DSC022667.JPG

Back
Top Bottom