Heating my tent

Holla4me

I am putting together a 4’x4’x6’ tent. I reckon I’ve sorted the right amount of light for 4 plants. I’ve bought an extraction fan and a oscillation fan but need to work out heating.
We are having a very late spring summer here. Night time temps still getting down to 5C. Day max 30C. So a late and slow outside grow. Have 6 that are hating the cold.
I have 4 under lights. 2 are a bit further and are at veg. The other 2 are about 3 weeks behind and about another week seedling stage.
I plan to move them to the tent soon. This is my first grow with a tent. I’ve done lights in a room successfully but not in a tent or trying to control temp.
Can I have suggestions about heating please ?
Models, prices, thermostat control, heating temp for best results, etc…
Any help would be great … Thanks and cheers.

It doesn't take much to keep a tent warm. Your lights should be enough during lights on. At night (winter months only) I use a small ceramic heater with overheat and tip over safety features. I set it in a corner on a ceramic tile facing away from your plants and facing another tile to help diffuse the heat. Set on low and plugged into a remote thermostat that is placed at canopy height helping to keep the plants at an optimal temp. My daytime temps average 26C. and drop to around 18C.at night. Most times though, I find it harder to cool it down enough and AC cost way more then heat to run, the reason I grow in the winter time.

I am putting together a 4’x4’x6’ tent. I reckon I’ve sorted the right amount of light for 4 plants. I’ve bought an extraction fan and a oscillation fan but need to work out heating.
We are having a very late spring summer here. Night time temps still getting down to 5C. Day max 30C. So a late and slow outside grow. Have 6 that are hating the cold.
I have 4 under lights. 2 are a bit further and are at veg. The other 2 are about 3 weeks behind and about another week seedling stage.
I plan to move them to the tent soon. This is my first grow with a tent. I’ve done lights in a room successfully but not in a tent or trying to control temp.
Can I have suggestions about heating please ?
Models, prices, thermostat control, heating temp for best results, etc…
Any help would be great … Thanks and cheers.
Hello @Holla4me hope your having a good day.
When it comes to temp and rh control its easier to control the room then the tent in it.
And less hazardous.
Controlling intake draw temp will give you a steady temp without as much fluctuation.
What size room is it in.
Stay safe.
Bill

My tent is 4x4x6’.
Thanks guys, it’s get cool here at the moment. Our weather is all over the place. Inconsistent day and night temps.
Night from 9C-19C. Day from 20C-31C. This is daily changing a bit up and down. Anyway I have both going. Some outdoor and some about 5 weeks along under lights.
I’ll watch temps in summer and heat in winter. Thanks b

My tent is 4x4x6’.
Thanks guys, it’s get cool here at the moment. Our weather is all over the place. Inconsistent day and night temps.
Night from 9C-19C. Day from 20C-31C. This is daily changing a bit up and down. Anyway I have both going. Some outdoor and some about 5 weeks along under lights.
I’ll watch temps in summer and heat in winter. Thanks b
If you keep your ladies above 18c and below 29c they will be happy.
Stay safe.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom