Heavyweight's Fruit Punch & Dream Machine - CFL & LED - GG's 2nd Grow

Garage Grower

after gaining a lot of education, experience and confidence from my first grow of a single Northern Lights I thought it time to go for doubles this time.

Near the end of my last grow, I did some strain searching for something that caught my interest. I after reading descriptions and reviews, I became really interested in Heavyweight Seeds' Fruit Punch. I'm really excited to get a Sativa-dominant grow under my belt. With my order from Herbies, got a couple freebies, one of which was Heavyweight's Dream Machine.

Just put the 2 seeds in wet paper towel in a ziplock in my desk drawer just last night (my preferred germination method). The Fruit Punch now has a tail around 1/16" (roughly 1.5 mm) and the Dream Machine shell has just started to split, so they're germinating fairly evenly.

Once in soil, I'll be starting them in a couple 32oz containers from the local chinese food place (wonton soup :p ). My plan is to use Fox Farm's Ocean Forest with extra perlite mixed in, using FF trio nutes and molasses.

seedlings will start under 1 CFL 23w 5500k each until the first full set of leaves, then they'll go under my CFL hood from last grow (8x23w 5500k). I will be FIMming & LST both plants during veg. I plan to veg for 6 weeks under the CFL hood. For flower, I will be using my new Mars "old style" 100 x 3w LED possibly with CFL side lighting.

I should be at harvest somewhere around late April or early May.

What strain is it?
- Heavyweight Seeds - Fruit Punch and Dream Machine

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
- Fruit Punch is Sativa dominant (no percentages listed)
- Dream Machine is Indica dominant (60% Indica 40% Sativa%)

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
- both currently germinating

If in Veg... For how long?
- Plan to veg for 6 weeks

If in Flower stage... For how long? - N/A

Indoor or outdoor?
- Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
- Soil - FFOF w/ extra perlite, eventually in recycled kitty litter buckets (rectangular shape) roughly 3 gal capacity

Size of light?
- home-made 8 CFL hood for veg. Mars Hydro 100x3 LED ("Old Style") for flower plus possible CFL side-lighting

Is it aircooled?
- LED has internal fans. CFLs just from circulating room air

Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
Unknown at this time

PH of media or res?
FFOF bag says 6.3-6.8

Any Pests ? - no

How often are you watering? - as needed

Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farms' nute schedule

re: Heavyweight's Fruit Punch & Dream Machine - CFL & LED - GG's 2nd Grow

Info from Heavyweight:

Fruit Punch
Fruit Punch Fruit Punch is fast becoming a legend around the globe; this quickly flowering sativa dominant plant produces both big yields and the sweetest of smokes. The high is uplifting and creative; perfect for social occasions, daytime toking and pain relief without couch lock. Fruit Punch is a breeze to grow and a great choice for beginners. Commercial growers also love this plant for its rapid and trouble free reliability, producing big crops time and time again. Once you've tasted the Punch, you'll be sure to come back for more.

GENETICS: Skunk x Haze x Northern Lights
TYPE: mostly sativa
CBD: 1.2%
THC: 22%
FLOWERING TIME: 8 weeks
HARVEST: 55 days indoors/outdoor end of September
HEIGHT: 100-160cm
INDOOR YIELD: 600+ gr/m2
OUTDOOR YIELD: up to 1000g per plant

Dream Machine
Dream Machine Living up to it's name, Dream Machine is some kind of machine!
Reliably producing huge crops of grade A bud with a powerful knock out stone time and time again.
Happiest when kept below 1.5 meters with regular pinching, the machine will form a mid sized plant, very bushy and packed with rock hard sticky buds.
It's high THC and CBD content make it a favourite for medical users treating stress, pain, anxiety, and insomnia, as well as growers who are limited by space and height availability, but who want to maximise their yield potential.
Producing a delightful smooth sweet smoke, Dream Machine has it all.

GENETICS: Afghan x Indian x Brazilian
TYPE: 60% Indica 40% Sativa%
EFFECT: Powerful, knock out.
CBD: 1.6%%
THC: 19%
CBN: 0.3%
FLOWERING TIME: 9 Weeks
HEIGHT: 1.5m
INDOOR YIELD: Up to 1000g per m2
OUTDOOR YIELD: 1000g + per plant

no pics yet - nothing I felt worth taking pics of.
over night the tap roots grew close to 1/2" so I put them in their seedling/early veg containers (1 qt take-out soup containers), lightly watered, covered in saran and put on the top shelf of my wall cabinet. Just yesterday they both popped soil.

just a minor update, will start with the pics once I start getting leaves

Sorry folks, haven't been able to get online much at all lately except for work (which has this site restricted) LOL
plants are doing good. I just flipped to 12/12 yesterday so now we should start to see some real development. No problems at all so far. The Dream Machine is currently about 4-6" taller than the Fruit Punch which surprised me being the DM is mostly Indica and FP is mostly Sativa... but I;m guessing the FP should really shoot up now that I've switched to flower.

The "old style" 100x3 Mars LED is doing fantastic - I wish I had it for my first grow... but I guess we've all got to get our feet wet somehow.

Now that they're in flower, I'll start updating more regularly and start taking pics. To be perfectly honest, I find veg pics sort of boring (they all look the same at that young age) and are really only useful to help diagnose problems that may arise (funny colors, burning, pests, etc)... so from me, this and all future grows will be void of veg pics ;)

pics to come within the next couple days (I hope)

awesome... had some time this morning to snap a couple quick pics while I was giving them a water and readjusting the timer to account for daylight savings time change

I don't think I mentioned in my earlier posts... I'm not in my garage box for this grow. I did for the first couple weeks of veg but it was just TOO damn cold out there and my little space heater was working overtime, and my electric usage was through the roof LOL

Anyway, we have a spare 1/2 bath upstairs that nobody EVER uses unless the rare emergency situation. The move was a bit frantic, but well worth it. The garage is so dry it was all I could do to keep the humidity above 30%. This grow I've been able to easily keep RH in the 60-70% range with just a small humidifier on the lowest setting.... the house heat (forced air) has a central humidifier that's already set for about 35-40% during heat cycles, so bringing it up wasn't too much of a chore for the humidifier in the small bathroom.
Temps are also not an issue... it varies throughout the day as the heat cycles on and off, ranging from around 65-75, with occasional short spikes to 80. Since I just switched to 12/12, I'm keeping the humidifier on at the moment, but plan later in the week to disconnect it to bring the room back to match the 35-40% RH of the rest of the house.
Since it's in a bathroom, exhaust is handled by the built in bathroom exhaust fan. Intake is passive being the gap under and around the door. It's a pocket door, so there's never any type of air restriction - air just flows around the door, through the pocket and into the bathroom. I have a small 6" fan giving the girls a constant breeze.

In both pics, Dream Machine (Indica dom) is on the right and Fruit Punch (Sativa dom) is on the left
DSCF04074.JPG

DSCF04086.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom