Hello everybody! I think i killed my first plant

Yodagrow

Okay so I've been reading all i can before i do anything since its my first time. Last night i decided to try to bend it over with paper clips and i think i might have pushed it a little to far. the stem cracked a bit, it didn't snap completely so i'm going to leave it alone now. I also turned it so the new growth was pointing away from the light so it would bend it self back the other way. This morning when I woke up and checked on it, it has started to bend back like i wanted it to but i'm worried it wont make it because of where i cracked it. Any words of advise on this would be great!

don't worry it will repair itself just take it easy on the training for a while
and take care of it as you would normally

A little back story, I had started two plants in pots outside and it was very windy one day while I was at work. When I got home to check on them they were both snapped and laying over. I didn't want to give up so I cut a straw and put it around the stems to help hold them up and it seemed to work. One didn't make it though, the surviving plant has gotten strong enough I have removed the straw and there is a knot where the break was. Should I expect to see the same thing here since I cracked this one. Also I was going to top it off in the next day or two but should I wait now until it has healed from this?

Hi Yodagrow.

Welcome to 420 Magazine and the community of members that gathers here.

I expect you will eventually see a knot or bump once the crack in your current plant heals. Without any photos of the break though it's kind of hard to offer anything other than a WAG. I'm not sure what you mean by "top it off" so not sure what to suggest on that.

My experience though is that these plants are pretty darn tough and will bounce back from most of the accidental damage we do while training them. If you see the plant struggling due to the crack/damage, you could use some type of material to wrap the area and provide a little extra support while it's healing. I've seen folks use everything from cellophane tape to horticultural plant wrap material to successfully mend broken stems.

I've found that my plant's stems are more flexible a couple hours after I've given them a good watering/feeding and less prone to cracking/breaking.

Perhaps with some photos, we could provide more accurate suggestions. Here are instructions on posting photos. Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Okay here are some pictures of where i broke it last night.

IMG_20131120_202455.jpg

Here is the progress of the day when i got home, it seems to be doing okay so far. I hope

IMG_20131120_203253.jpg

Glad to hear your plant healed up Yodagrow.

:welcome: glad it recovered, I hope "it" is a girl, if you're not sure, I'd grow a few more to gaurentee a female. Nothing to be ashamed of, I know a few people that grew boys to end and smoked it, thinking it was bud! Enjoy the sight, you'll find all the answers here.

Back
Top Bottom