Hello everyone, Ebb Flood and drain grower

behnam9537

420 Member
Hi there, Im growing in 10 by 10 with 2 flood table, 6" by 6" rock wool cubes. I'm in week 6 of veg and my plants don't look healthy. I water them once a day or every other day, there is no fixed schedule cause some of the dry faster than the other and i used to hand water them from top for the first 5 weeks. The leaves are small and the edges are curl up a little bit and the growth is slow . I have tried a lots of different things to fix the problem but didn't get a good result. I'm a soil grower and this is my first time growing in rock wool with ebb system. I have 60 ice cream cake in 2 (4'x8') tables. I was going to switch to flower but they don't look healthy.
PH 5.8 PPM 1000 LED growers choice

Thank you all in advance for any help

Welcome behnam9537 to 420 Magazine
I’ve done ebb & flow for awhile 20 gallon reservoir. Are you going to start a journal ? Below on my post is two links the helpful one for new members and the one with the peace sign check them out .

Welcome to 420 mag!

Sorry to hear you're having issues!
I too have run Ebb and Flow (though West Hippie is leagues ahead!).

Pictures will also help! And a grow journal is just about the best/smartest way to get a good grow going. Many members can follow along to offer advice, and answer questions

:Namaste:

Welcome behnam9537 to 420 Magazine
I’ve done ebb & flow for awhile 20 gallon reservoir. Are you going to start a journal ? Below on my post is two links the helpful one for new members and the one with the peace sign check them out .
Hi West Hippie

Yes I am, but I'm so new to 420 community and trying to figure out how to post some pic of my plants. Also thank you for the links very informative

Hi West Hippie

Yes I am, but I'm so new to 420 community and trying to figure out how to post some pic of my plants. Also thank you for the links very informative
Your welcome.
below where your posting is a block says attach files click there and follow directions. In the picture block select full image.

Welcome to 420 mag!

Sorry to hear you're having issues!
I too have run Ebb and Flow (though West Hippie is leagues ahead!).

Pictures will also help! And a grow journal is just about the best/smartest way to get a good grow going. Many members can follow along to offer advice, and answer questions

:Namaste:
Hi Rexer,
Actualy I have some picture, I'll send them once I figure out how to post them,

Here are the pics

20210222_122318.jpg

20210222_122301.jpg

20210222_122252.jpg

20210222_122246.jpg

20210222_122229.jpg

20210222_122222.jpg

20210222_122210.jpg

20210222_122133.jpg

20210222_122119.jpg

At the top of the page top left select post thread . Put your pics there with your questions and you’ll be on your way plus I’ll meet you there in the post !

Hi Bill284,
Great grow you have going. A couple pics looked a little light green. What ppm are you feeding at? Looked hungry. Also if I started clones in rockwool the ph kept creeping up, what are you ph,ing your feed to?

Great grow you have going. A couple pics looked a little light green. What ppm are you feeding at? Looked hungry. Also if I started clones in rockwool the ph kept creeping up, what are you ph,ing your feed to?
Ok here is what I did yesterday before I switched to flower cycle: ( I use one 75G reservoir for both tables)
1th Table: I flush out the plants with RO water and some Cal-Mag at PH:5.6 and PPM:280 Then the Runoff water came to PH:5 and PPM:580
2th Table: Addjused the PH to 6 with PPM:580 Then the Runoff water came to PH:6.3 and PPM:680
After this Flushing out the lights went out for 12 hours darkness AND here are how they look after lights came back on: THEY LOOK MUCH BETTER but the Runoff Numbers doesn't make sence to me!!

20210228_063802.jpg

20210228_063746.jpg

UPDATE,
Ok here is what I did yesterday before I switched to flower cycle: ( I use one 75G reservoir for both tables)
1th Table: I flush out the plants with RO water and some Cal-Mag at PH:5.6 and PPM:280 Then the Runoff water came to PH:5 and PPM:580
2th Table: Addjused the PH to 6 with PPM:580 Then the Runoff water came to PH:6.3 and PPM:680
After this Flushing out the lights went out for 12 hours darkness AND here are how they look after lights came back on: THEY LOOK MUCH BETTER but the Runoff Numbers doesn't make sence to me!!

20210228_063802.jpg

20210228_063746.jpg

UPDATE,

20210228_063802.jpg

20210228_063746.jpg
If your run off is higher than your feed your washing nutrients out of your girls instead of feeding them. Also by the time I get into flower I'm in the 1200 ppm range. Just wondering what feed schedule you are on and why so low?

QUESTION:
Should I keep Flushing until my Runoff shows same PH and less PPM? or I can start Feeding with Flowering Nutes?
Flood drain isn't something I use and those cubes are making wonder about ph. @GoogleGenie might have some suggestions
Hey GG any thoughts?

If your run off is higher than your feed your washing nutrients out of your girls instead of feeding them. Also by the time I get into flower I'm in the 1200 ppm range. Just wondering what feed schedule you are on and why so low?
I was feeding with 1000ppm for veg but yesterday I switched to flower and I decided to Flush them out one time before start feeding for flower. I flushed with just RO water and some Cal-Mag that's why the ppm is low, I'll go 1200ppm once I start feeding for flower

I was feeding with 1000ppm for veg but yesterday I switched to flower and I decided to Flush them out one time before start feeding for flower. I flushed with just RO water and some Cal-Mag that's why the ppm is low, I'll go 1200ppm once I start feeding for flower
Sorry I misunderstood your, 1000 in veg is good and moving up into flower is the right move. I push my girls to the limit burning the tips slightly which isn't a problem. I don't recommend it without experience but I can max at 1800 before burning occurs. When your in natural light they should look nice dark green.

Back
Top Bottom