Hello from the east coast,i need help asap

I advise you don't grow only one plant. If it turns out male then you have not only a huge disappointment but need to start all over. I recommend planting a minimum of two.

I recommend you use a 250w system for flowering even just one female plant. The coverage and ability of the light to penetrate the canopy using a 70w system is somewhat inadequate and is much less then a 250w system. The 250w systems do not run very hot and with proper ventilation temp. control is manageable.

I have a Sunleaves Pulsar Mini 400w switchable ballast. There are some things you should be aware of with this system. First, there are no vents to attach ductwork and fans to the system. Second, the fact that it contains the ballast and reflector in one unit makes it very heavy. Make sure you have something strong enough to secure it to. The unit weighs about 30lbs. minus the bulb and safety lens. Otherwise it is a very nice compact system perfect for closet growing.

Space blankets are made from Mylar which is very light reflective, however it also reflects heat very well. Painting the walls flat white is a good alternative if temps. are of concern. :peace:

if the only difference between male and female are the amount of seeds then its does not matter. maybe eventually i'll try for females but for right now i just wanna get it on and try to get something, anything to gro.will use the 250 watt combo, my cab can hold it. also gonna start with paint but might switch up to mylar, gonna watch growth to determine if i need to. Thx RooRman for the info:passitleft:

if the only difference between male and female are the amount of seeds then its does not matter...

No, that is not the difference. If you are growing for personal use on a basic level, the females are what you are after.

THC is produced in the ovaries (buds) of the female cannabis plant only.

Males produce only pollen. This contains no THC.

The pollen from the male is created to fertilize the female, which then produces seeds.

The male plant produces neither seeds nor THC (at useable levels). In other words, no females means no smoke. :peace:

Not a problem, this site is information and therefore learning. Go forth and propagate! :peace:

Female vs. male- What are preflowers?

RooRman first let me apologise for wearing my ignorance on my sleeve. how can i spot the females. now that you mention it i probably will start with 2 to 4 plants just to get to a female. thx bro

No such thing as a bad question. Keep asking, i've been on this site for over 3 years and i still ask as many questions as i help to answer.
I started 5 seeds and ended up with 3 females but 1 was very nute sensitive and got burn to hell at the same fert levels as the other 2. So i ended up pulling it and gave more light to the remaining girls.:welcome:

re lights if you get a magnetic ballast HPS 250 watt there is a CMH[ceramic metal halide ]bulb that screws right in for a veg light
anmd i hear they do better than MH regular for budding and you have less stretch at the light timing chang over from long day to 12 hr day or less [i usually do first 10 days of 12/12 with MH for less stretch then switch to HPS

walls flat white paint reflects about 85-90 % clean new mylar about 90-95 dirty mylar 70-? paint will have less heat retention too wall lights

suggestion don't know budget gut if i had cash ie tax check and was doing a new cab that size i would get 48 inch T-5 flourescents on 2 or 3 wall of the cab in addition to the 150-250 watt MH/HPS on top

venting motorcycle battery charger and computer fans
12 V dc 2-3 fans per amp of charger ie 2 amp charger
max of 5 fans fans are usually marked for power somewhere

light proof vent holes 2nd layer wood etc in ceiling below outer top with holes that are offset away from exit holes light does not crawl through a maze like a lab rat [2 plastic pipe elbows and a short piece betweeen so it looks like a periscope is a good light trap also]

making a second space at the bottom of that space about 18 inches high would give you a cloning /veg/seedling chamber plus the main chamber that could do with 2 CFL that draw 42-85 watts [85 draw is about equivelant to 300+watts regular bulb]

seeds you should go for feminized seed if you can i am east of
detroit and had no problem getting fem seeds [check sponsors or google seedbank updates for info on less common veggies and so forth...
suggest soil and foxfarm brands nutes a lot of folk on here are using them or have used them soil is way easier for new folks

look up microgrows on this and other MJ friendly boards there should be lots of pics of small spaces grows to help you see whats possible

have you ever grown a vegetable garden ?

if so you have some experience you don't realize....

hope this helps a little or gives you hints on things to look up for learning hardest thing i find about growing indoors is not peeking at plants during dark cycle and waiting out full budding cycle
suggest surge strip and timers for both lights and fans [doing fans 15 min on 15 off is easy with the tab type timers and cutsdown on electric without too much heat easiest light timing i know with 10$ timers is 2 timers one set 12/12 one set 20/4
just move lights plug/supply cord to change no hassle with little tabs...
you should get a seed starting kit and some lettuce seeds to have cover and a training kit for indoor growing...
lots of new folks over water and overfeed

Back
Top Bottom