Hello from the east coast,i need help asap

akaman

hello everyone, hope u can help me. as funny as it may sound i am dead serious. i only want to grow 1 plant at a time because i dont want to attract any attention and i just need to know the best light to use. i'll be growing in a space approx. 6 ft high by 18 in. deep. i read about the new led lights but i hear they lack tru power. i'm afraid to use hps because of the heat buildup. i really need help because i cant afford to buy anymore so i was looking to invest in ( build my own) gro cab. plz i'm at wits end because there are no definitive answers. thx to any responses.

For one plant I would use a 70 watt HPS and 2 @ 26 watt Daylight (6500k) CFL. This will be plenty of light and the heat will be at a minimum. This set-up should run under $50.

thx for the response cannalearna, as i was told to, i did some research whithin the forums and found that for my purposes a 250 watt hd/hps light would do the trick. i thought that was kinda excessive but many ppl say too much light won't hurt besides if i decided to grow more than one the 250 would be perfect.and last but not least i kinda liked the idea of a dual light ,hid for veg. and hps for flowering. if this sounds good get back to me .really appreciate the input since i'm a first timer:thanks: p. s. i dont have room for cfl's, my space is 6 ft tall,about 1 1/2 ft wide and 1 1/2 deep.

Yes, a switchable MH/HPS hid light would be great for growing one at a time.
Most all digital ballasts are switchable.
If you can't find a reflector small enough to fit in your space, they make a self contianed
150W unit. It is the ballast, reflector, and socket in one. My brother picked one up for $100, and it includes bulb. It is only HPS, but this can be used for vegging stage.

Yes, a switchable MH/HPS hid light would be great for growing one at a time.
Most all digital ballasts are switchable.
If you can't find a reflector small enough to fit in your space, they make a self contianed
150W unit. It is the ballast, reflector, and socket in one. My brother picked one up for $100, and it includes bulb. It is only HPS, but this can be used for vegging stage.

Pulsar Two-Way HP/MH Mini Plant Grow Lights by Sunleaves at Home Harvest Garden Supply -20 1/4 in. long, 13 in wide and 7 in deep.( i tried to send u page to view but i dont no how). it looks like it'll fit but just in case can u send me a link to where your brother got his so i can check it out tricome?also if it.s not to much trouble give me some pointers on types of fans i might use? including house fans!i'm laughing but i'm serious.thx tricome holla back:thanks::cool:

Hey, akaman. My bro picked it up at the local hydro store. It's made by Sun Systems, but I couldn't find it on their website; sunlight supply. I found this

As for the fans; I'll need to; how big is the closet?;what kind of door?; can you cut holes in door or walls?
I'm thinking large computer fans or squirrel cage fans.
You'll need an intake(low), and an exhaust(high).

You can just open the door, but you have to be there every time the light comes on and off.

Good Luck! :peace:

high tricome, i didn't mean to be misleading.it's not a closet actually its more like a big linen cabinet that i'm converting to a gro space! it's about 70 inches in height, 22 inches wide and 16 inches deep. i think the dual lite system will fit. im not all that handy when it comes to cutting stuff and i dont have access to a lot of tools i might need, which is why i mentioned house fans but i'm open to all ideas and i appreciate them.another question , for that type of space( the dimensions i gave you) and a 250 watt lamp do you feel i still need mylar ? holla back tricome when u get the chance.:peace::thanks: p.s. i gotta put doors on, as soon as i figure it out. and yes there's room for holes to be cut cause it's free standing.:smokin: p.s.s. thx for link very helpful, now i'm second guessing the 250 watt lite even tho i notice they don't have the dual lites, hmm decisions, decisions lol

the dual lite i found would seem to do the trick (the price is right and it comes with 2 bulbs, a hps and a mh, for 249.00). all u have to do is flip a switch and change bulb. i like the white paint but i read that mylar is the best so i'm gonna find it, if not then the paint will have to do. thx bro :smokin: by the way, have u tried that bud yet?? how was it?

Back
Top Bottom