Help Diagnosing my issue

Upaker823

Hey all, first time grower here. Both of my plants are showing this same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Medium: Biobizz Light mix. 5 Gallon Smart pots. Royal Medic strain.
Nutrients: None used yet. Water Ph is 6.3-6.5, 3 times a week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191008-173422_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20191008-173422_Messages.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 61
Hi @Upaker823 and welcome to the forum!
You picture shows what appears to be an overwatered plant possibly with a magnesium deficiency.

Watering 3 times a week seems excessive in a 5 gallon container, so how do you determine it is time to water? Have you thought about giving some calmag+ supplement to provide the magnesium?
Hey Emilya appreciate the fast reply!:).
I do a finger test to determine if its still moist before i water, but perhaps this is not ideal :rolleyes:
I have Biobizz, Grow, Bloom, Topmax, Alg-a-mic as supplements.
If i start giving them Biobizz grow, do i still need to supplement magnesium?

There is a good chance that the nutes will have enough magnesium to make the difference, but we have found that if you use filtered water and/or run intense LED lights, you are more likely to need the additional supplement. You probably don't need nutes just yet though, and to give them just for magnesium is not the right reason. calmag+ or my eggshell recipe to home brew it are very handy tools in the weed garden and most of us keep some around just in case.

First you need to get the watering figured out though, and this could very well solve all the problems.
A finger test only tells you what is happening at the top, but it does not inform you how much stale water is sitting in the bottom of those containers, and if you are watering 3x a week, there is a lot of water sitting down there. This keeps oxygen from being able to get down to the lower system of roots, the tap and feeder roots, and after not seeing oxygen for a few rounds, they will shut down to protect themselves from the stale flood water. This is why your plant can not develop the water pressure necessary in the trunk to lift all the leaves toward the light, giving you that puffy leaf droopy look.
The best test to see if it is time to water is the "lift the pot" method. Fill a similar container with dry soil. Lift it and test the weight. Now lift your plant. If you can feel ANY extra weight, it is NOT time to water. The bucket should feel just like that fresh soil with no water in it. Pot is a weed, and it does not do well when it is coddled. It needs a bit of adversity and unless you tease out the water, a weed will be lazy and not develop a good root system. It is aggressive however if you make it work for the water, and it will develop and outstanding root system if you force it to do so.
I wrote a nice article on how to properly water and how to establish a wet/dry cycle that will force your weed to develop and strong rootball. I invite you to check out the link in my signature and I hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom