Help diagnosing seedling

it's not mine

Plant is "Cream" auto variety from Grower's Choice seeds. I'm using an LED grow light (GE LED grow light, balanced spectrum), indoors, and made sure light wasn't too close to the plant. Plant was previously in solo cup with FFOF in which I initially had an overwatering problem but a dry cycle seemed to put it back on track. Then it started showing a bit of leaf curling with some strange mottling of lighter green. I'm wondering if the feeding of 1/8th strength I had given it a week earlier had anything to do with it? I then watered as almost all water weight was gone.

Flash forward to a week later... Plant growth took off and grew wider than the edge of the solo cup. I up-potted it into a 1 gal pot using a mix of FFOF, with lesser amounts of Coco, non-fertilized garden soil, some perlite, some worm castings and some peat moss. My thinking was to make sure the soil drained well given my previous over-watering tendencies. I gave it a mild watering and noticed that the condition of the plant had not changed after a day in the new pot. Ph was checked at about 6.75. Nitrogen level in soil unknown because this soil testing kit is a POS. I would appreciate any input. Note that I have 2 other plants that were handled the exact same way and they look fine.
IMG_0452.JPG

My Hindu Kush did the same thing last year outdoors. It only affected maybe 5% of the leaves. Didn't affect plant growth, or spread to my Cherry Bomb.
My brother was growing tobacco that year in my yard, and one of the tobacco plants seemed to have the same thing, however it wasn't TMV (tobacco mosaic virus) as it looks different, and didn't spread among the tobacco, even plants that were in contact with the affected plant.

My Hindu Kush did the same thing last year outdoors. It only affected maybe 5% of the leaves. Didn't affect plant growth, or spread to my Cherry Bomb.
My brother was growing tobacco that year in my yard, and one of the tobacco plants seemed to have the same thing, however it wasn't TMV (tobacco mosaic virus) as it looks different, and didn't spread among the tobacco, even plants that were in contact with the affected plant.

So it may just be genetics. It would explain why my other 2 plants under the exact same conditions are thriving with no signs of distress.

Update: So, it's 2 days after I've up-potted my babies and the plant with the curled up leaf edges pictured in my first post is actually doing much better. Curling is almost gone and the light green mottling is starting to fade.

I disagree, but you can use treatment as prevention if you want. Shouldn't hurt. The attached pic shows what thrip damage looks like. Quick google search.

I appreciate the feedback. I did find a small hole in one of the leaves and Emilya recently helped me out so I bought some insecticidal soap and gave them all a spray, just to be sure. And like you said, as prevention, yada, yada, yada... :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom