Help with new cannabis seedlings in solocups?

OK, I know I'm probably over thinking this but I'm trying to figure out whether to water my 7 seedlings in Solo cups yet. When I water I am going to water from the bottom as has been suggested in this thread. I didn't weigh the cups of soil before the initial water but right now the lightest cup is 130 grams and the heaviest is 157 grams. I've tried to stick my finger down into the soil but Im worried about damaging the fragile roots. The soil is dry at the surface and still feels dry an inch down but there is slight weight so it must be moist in the lower half of the cups.

I initially dampened the soil before planting and then spooned about 3 tablespoons of water over every germinated seed upon planting. That was last Thursday (6 days ago). The seedlings popped up about 5 days ago

If you've bottom watered and can still feel the water weight, I'd just let it be until it feels surprisingly light when you pick it up.

The water at the very bottom will sustain it as the rest of the soil dries out encouraging it to build more roots.

Easy to say, hard to do in practice as we tend to want to baby the grow, especially the new ones.

If you've bottom watered and can still feel the water weight, I'd just let it be until it feels surprisingly light when you pick it up.

The water at the very bottom will sustain it as the rest of the soil dries out encouraging it to build more roots.

Easy to say, hard to do in practice as we tend to want to baby the grow, especially the new ones.
I can probably go another couple of days but that 130 gram cup is feeling pretty light.

Back
Top Bottom