Help Diagnosing Some Poor Babies

elunex

I'm 2 months into a closet grow, and the growth was stunted a bit by high temps and incorrect soil in the first month. After moving to coco, things started going much better...

However, recently (a few weeks after moving into new containers), I've noticed a few issues that I can't seem to pin down.

1. Yellowing and loss of pigment in lower leaves.
2. Marks/Burns on a few of the new leaves.
3. Leaves folding inwards on the sides.

I've been watering with nutes (both FloraGrow and FloraMicro), so I feel like it shouldn't be a deficiency problem... And I make sure to not let them dry out, while also ensuring that I don't overwater, and generally don't see too much drooping.

I've seen a lot of discussions on plants that curl inwards from the tips, but not much on the nature of the leaves turning in from the sides first.

View album 16446

Well that curled look aka 'the claw' is generally linked to the plants OD'ing on nitrogen. Usually from overfeeding.
But I've also had it when my ph was off- leading (I believe) to the same N toxicity effect, but in a roundabout way.
Your ph is important and should be around 5.6 - 5.8.
You can't overwater coco. It's good to have a little runoff when you water/feed.
Always good to have some pics without the blurple colour.

To fix it- I would make sure all is well with the ph (and the ph meter), take a critical look at your feeding routine, and flush the plants before feeding again.
When I've had that curly leaf syndrome it took quite a bit of time to recover from.

The affected leaves won't uncurl or recover, so you will have to look to the new growth to see if it's improving.

It's always been accompanied by very slow growth for me - when the leaves recovered -growth was twice as fast.

check PH after mixing nutrients. Usually PH lowers when you ad the nutes. I would also lower the light intensity a bit. let them recover slowly if you have a dimmable light. its all about the roots being able to transfer those nutes up. forcing the leaves to grow when roots are not really delivering might get the leaves to weaken. keep it up

Thanks a lot. Nitrogen toxicity definitely seems to fit the symptoms, I'll flush the coco and spread apart my nute cycle a little bit, because I have been giving a fair bit of nutes. :) I do balance the PH to around 5.5-6.5, but usually around the 6.5 mark, will drop it a bit to around 5.5.

Back
Top Bottom