help get my baby back

heskatron

Hi, guys looking to see if anyone can help By checking out the pics in the thread below.

Basically I've had a bit of a temp problem which I've just managed to sort after taking these pics. Was both bit too hot and bit too cold. And was wondering if the leaf colour loss was just due to that.
Also I recently repotted into larger pots using b n q General soil (has worked fine in the past) and wondered if the soil was to hot for them. In the soil there is some blood, meal, bone mix as well.

Could it be a mixture of both problems, I'm sure the temps will of affected them to a degree if you think there is some nute lock with the soil being too rich would you recommend a gud flush if they're overferting.

Any advice would be a great help and many thanks in advance guy's.

these are the pics ive managed to upload, sorry bout the link post

2015-02-05_16_14_07.png
2015-02-05_16_09_55.jpg
2015-02-05_16_09_47.jpg
2015-02-05_16_08_45.jpg
2015-02-05_16_08_40.jpg

14C is too low, you want the temps during veg to be around 21-28C, anything colder and the plant gets stressed. I think there is something going on in the soil though, probably a ph imbalance or under/overfeeding. What do you currently feed your plants?

yeah way too low, those pics were taken before id managed to sort the temps out and are back under control now.
with regards to the soil, there is a little bit of lime in there aswell as the blood meal bone. ive been checking the ph in and out and seems okay. i do use biobizz but havnt even used any yet. because i use soil ive let that do the biz in the past and then started on the nutes a week before flipping. could it be that the soil itself is too hot for them because they started losing colour shortly after i repotted them. like i said its all the same process as ive used in the past, could it be that the strain, it being different from ones i have grown, is a much lighter feeder and are suffering nute lock from the hot soil???

thanks for the interest @Stealthboat

one more thing ill mention is that wen the temps were running high, like 32-35C the humidity was very low aswell between 15-25.

ive mentioned this because ive just read

''Too much heat (or arid conditions) will generally sap the strength of your plant and force it to drink more water than normal for plant transpiration (the process of water movement through a plant and water evaporation through leaves, stems and flowers). A plant drinking more water than usual can have unexpected consequences. Sometimes hot, dry temps can cause unexpected nutrient burn (plant tips curl or turn brown from high levels of nutrients) because your plant is absorbing more nutrients than normal at the roots, alongside the extra water.''

and the strain im growing is Blue Cheese

I havnt given them any nutes yet just let them feed on the soil and what's in it. I have them a good flush anyway last night just to be on the safe side.
I'll let her dry out again and give her some nutes see how that goes

Just an update on my progress. so after the flush I let them dry out again and gave them a low strength does of grow nutes. its bin a few days now and i can see a difference in her. shes getting colour back into her leaves now, bonus!!!!, and standing up loving the light again holding her leaves out basking. many thanks to posters for their info gunna give her a feed again tonight and hope by end of the week she'll be as green and lush as my other plants.

2015-02-11_16_24_21.jpg
2015-02-11_16_24_17.jpg

i know theres still some colour loss but in the flesh there is defo an improvement.

also while im here, i took some clones offof my other 2 main plants and apart from 2 out of 12 theyre all still uprigh and perky. the 2 that have a little flop i think may be because theyre a little big. anyways..... i was wondering if the above plant mite be able to have clones taken off. the reason why i ask this is because in most of the clone guides ive read they tell you to leach out some nitrogen by feeding just water because the nitrogen acts as an inhibitor. if she has been a bit hungry for nitrogen would now be a good time to take clones???? cheers guys

yeah still gunna go easy on the nutes. using biobizz, supposed to be feeding 1ml per litre but i only put 1ml in a 5litre feed. gunna up it to 2ml in 5litre next feed see how that goes, hopefully all gud. no worries on the other question i asked, if i dont hear anthing ill try it in another thread as a question on its own. mite just do them anyway, if they fail i wont see it as a loss. only thing i would think of would be the stress on the plant fron taking the clones, could it be a bit early after the last stressing

Look like a nut lock out, Do you see how the tips are curlingover? that is a early sign of over fertilzation. I would PH set your water and flush 2-3 times then feed always checking your ph of your water or nuts before feeding. A good idea would be to check the ph water run off.

Will let you know the ph of your soil environment and how for out of balance it is.

Have a great grow!

Back
Top Bottom