Help - I don't even know myself

pogmek

420 Member
I posted in the "ask us anything" thread but I'm gonna make one myself for this too, hoping it's not against rules or something.
----
Hello, this is my second growth and I've decided to try autoflowering strains (I think I'll go back to normal after this incident).
Btw everything was good and green till day 40, when some of the leaves started yellowing "from the outside".
I would have departed for a weekend of vacation in a few day so there was little I could do, didn't know if it could be nutrient deficiency or burn, thing is when I got back home on day 47 i opened my grow space to a nightmare.
Qrl0C3I.jpg

I trimmed it a bit, now I'm on day 50 and it looks like this.
UPgwVDJ.jpg

I think it was a ph issue after some overwatering incident that might have occurred.
Flushed it good, then let it dry, and begansupplying iwth nutes again, she seems to be recovering.
Or is she?

Point is she looks weird.
My former growth had shown many more pistils than this, and some more resin, which is almost absent here.
I'm afraid the stress might have made her a hermie, what do you guys think?
DchsMDO.jpg

-----------------
Now I just feel like scrapping it all and begin a new cycle anew. But she still has some weeks to go even though leaves are running out.
I was thinking about planting a new one since I have some space in there, then transplant into a bigger pot once this is finished.

What do you guys suggest?
Thanks you for listening and sorry for the long post.
------------------

Btw, grow space is 40x40x120, LED light 300W.
Strain is super skunk.

If you could find the sticky, "How to Ask for Grow Support" and answer all the questions there so we have some background, that would help a lot.

I don't see any signs off it turning hermie, I think you should finish this plant out completely so you can learn from the mistakes instead of jumping into another grow and repeating things.. just a suggestion though:
I believe over watering and ph had played a huge role in what your seeing now, because auto are on a self timer they can be less forgiving when it comes to mistakes. I wouldn't water again until the pot is feels light when you lift. Letting her dry out will be very helpful. What are you given for nutes? I didn't notice if you mentioned it? Do you know what the ph of the water your giving is?

Good to hear it's not a hermie. Though some pistils have prematurely darkened and it's not sticky at all to the touch. How come?
Here's all the info, sorry for not providing it earlier, hope you can still help me figure out what's best.

I'm not gonna scrap this of course, but woudln't it be more efficient if I used half the space I got to start a new growth in these few weeks this plant has left, since I'm on a 18/6 schedule?
Or is it better anyway for me to let this single plant use all the light for the space she's in? What do you think?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
What Strain is it? Super Skunk
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 70% indica, 30% sativa
How Many Plants? One
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 52th day from seed, began flowering around 3rd/4th week
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Plagron Royalmix
If Soil... What Size Pot? 6,5 l
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? One 300W led light
Is it Air Cooled? Sure, exhaust and ventilation provided
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? This summer here is very hot, can't keep it down 30° C
RH of Room/Cabinet? Around 45%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.5 as of now
Any Pests? How do I know?
How Often are you Watering? As soon as I feel the soil is dry enough, I accidentally overwatered before going out for the weekend though.
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Organic bloom fert
Size or Square Footage of Room? 40x40x120 cm

Good to hear it's not a hermie. Though some pistils have prematurely darkened and it's not sticky at all to the touch. How come?
Here's all the info, sorry for not providing it earlier, hope you can still help me figure out what's best.

I'm not gonna scrap this of course, but woudln't it be more efficient if I used half the space I got to start a new growth in these few weeks this plant has left, since I'm on a 18/6 schedule?
Or is it better anyway for me to let this single plant use all the light for the space she's in? What do you think?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
What Strain is it? Super Skunk
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 70% indica, 30% sativa
How Many Plants? One
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 52th day from seed, began flowering around 3rd/4th week
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Plagron Royalmix
If Soil... What Size Pot? 6,5 l
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? One 300W led light
Is it Air Cooled? Sure, exhaust and ventilation provided
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? This summer here is very hot, can't keep it down 30° C
RH of Room/Cabinet? Around 45%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.5 as of now
Any Pests? How do I know?
How Often are you Watering? As soon as I feel the soil is dry enough, I accidentally overwatered before going out for the weekend though.
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Organic bloom fert
Size or Square Footage of Room? 40x40x120 cm

First, I see burned leaf tips and what looks like hooking from excess nitrogen (along with lots of other damage from nutrient excess), so I'm guessing that you seriously overfertilized.
Second, a 6.5 liter pot is way too small.

I'd suggest trying to flush out the excess nutrients by pouring 8 or 10 liters of pH'd water through the pot, then letting it dry, and only then maybe giving it small doses of dilueted "organic bloom fertilizer," whatever that may be.

For your next grow, I'd suggest a big air pot or cloth bag pot and reducing your fertilizer usage to maybe a third of what it is now.
If you don't absolutely have your heart set on using "organic" fertilizer, consider buying some good quality, name-brand, cannabis-grade fertilizer (e.g. Fox Farms) and then fertilizing with that, but at half the manufacturer's recommended strength.

Do you have a pH pen, pH calibration solution, and a PPM meter? If not, I'd strongly suggest that you get them, learn how to use (and maintain) them, and make and log measurements so you're in good control of your feeding regimen. Knowledge is power.

Good luck and have fun. Learning by doing is the best way to go, and it looks like you're learning a lot! :)

<edit> Oh, and try to get the temps under control. If you don't have climate control, maybe wait till a cooler time of year to grow? </edit>

First, I see burned leaf tips and what looks like hooking from excess nitrogen (along with lots of other damage from nutrient excess), so I'm guessing that you seriously overfertilized.
Second, a 6.5 liter pot is way too small.

I'd suggest trying to flush out the excess nutrients by pouring 8 or 10 liters of pH'd water through the pot, then letting it dry, and only then maybe giving it small doses of dilueted "organic bloom fertilizer," whatever that may be.

For your next grow, I'd suggest a big air pot or cloth bag pot and reducing your fertilizer usage to maybe a third of what it is now.
If you don't absolutely have your heart set on using "organic" fertilizer, consider buying some good quality, name-brand, cannabis-grade fertilizer (e.g. Fox Farms) and then fertilizing with that, but at half the manufacturer's recommended strength.

Do you have a pH pen, pH calibration solution, and a PPM meter? If not, I'd strongly suggest that you get them, learn how to use (and maintain) them, and make and log measurements so you're in good control of your feeding regimen. Knowledge is power.

Good luck and have fun. Learning by doing is the best way to go, and it looks like you're learning a lot! :)

<edit> Oh, and try to get the temps under control. If you don't have climate control, maybe wait till a cooler time of year to grow? </edit>

Okay, I might have overfertilized then.
I will flush like you said, the fertilizer is a well known brand in my country, I'm not specifying cause you wouldn't know it anyway if you don't live where I do.
I will seriously tune it down for the next cycle, I know the pot is small, I planned on growing 2 of them in those pots but one of the two seeds didn't pop out the soil and I messed up.

So do you think starting a new growth in this space while this finishes up (since I got space for another 6,5 l pot) is a good idea?
I would transplant in a 10 l pot as soon as this auto finishes. I don't wanna let things get worse though!
And thanks for all of the advices really.

Okay, I might have overfertilized then.
I will flush like you said, the fertilizer is a well known brand in my country, I'm not specifying cause you wouldn't know it anyway if you don't live where I do.
I will seriously tune it down for the next cycle, I know the pot is small, I planned on growing 2 of them in those pots but one of the two seeds didn't pop out the soil and I messed up.

So do you think starting a new growth in this space while this finishes up (since I got space for another 6,5 l pot) is a good idea?
I would transplant in a 10 l pot as soon as this auto finishes. I don't wanna let things get worse though!
And thanks for all of the advices really.

My thought would be to go ahead and take this grow through to completion. It looks like you only have a few weeks left, no? If you're anxious to get going with the next one, you could follow Luweedgi's advice and start some new seedlings now, but my advice FWIW would be to finish up with this grow first and then do a careful postmortem before starting again.

To state the obvious, your soil and fertilizer are absolutely critical to your success--your fertilizer especially, since to some extent you can compensate for bad soil with a good fertilizing regimen.

If you can get your hands on one of the popular two- or three-bottle cannabis fertilizers that people talk about here and use that, you will probably have much better luck. If you can't get those, then I'd really suggest that you study up on fertilization, especially nitrogen versus potassium and phosphorous levels as the grow proceeds.

And by all means get hold of and learn to use and maintain a pH meter an PPM meter!

And air pots, whether with holes in them or cloth bags, are a great technology. Strongly recommended!

My thought would be to go ahead and take this grow through to completion. It looks like you only have a few weeks left, no? If you're anxious to get going with the next one, you could follow Luweedgi's advice and start some new seedlings now, but my advice FWIW would be to finish up with this grow first and then do a careful postmortem before starting again.

To state the obvious, your soil and fertilizer are absolutely critical to your success--your fertilizer especially, since to some extent you can compensate for bad soil with a good fertilizing regimen.

If you can get your hands on one of the popular two- or three-bottle cannabis fertilizers that people talk about here and use that, you will probably have much better luck. If you can't get those, then I'd really suggest that you study up on fertilization, especially nitrogen versus potassium and phosphorous levels as the grow proceeds.

And by all means get hold of and learn to use and maintain a pH meter an PPM meter!

And air pots, whether with holes in them or cloth bags, are a great technology. Strongly recommended!

I will DEFINITELY go for the air pot. Never heard of it and it seems awesome.
btw my soil got perlite (plagron royalmix) and I didn't have any trouble with this fertilizer (it's called biomagno) my former growrth (it was a regular fem), I think this auto helped me realize I should put some more care in my growth, I will definitely keep in mind your advices and I'm not thanking you enough for this.

How many weeks do you think she has left? It's not that I'm anxious about beginning a new one, it's just that if I can't get a good yeald off this one I'm afraid I'll be left without smoke material before the next one is gonna be over, that worries me the most.
But at the same time I wouldn't want my new plant to not have enough light (though there really is enough space for it) / humidity.

Temperatures are finally cooling down next week, I'll wait september anyway before doing anything

I think you said she was at 50-something days. My autos are done in about 10 or 11 weeks, so if yours follows the same schedule, a few weeks? The good news is that a plant can recover a lot in just a week, so three weeks may help a lot.

Back
Top Bottom