Troubles - I have to harvest - Please help

batai

Helo there,

Awww, long story short:
I have some Amnesia Haze plants. In 3 days they will start the 7th week of flowering (they finish usually in 10-12 weeks and they flowering now for 40 days so if they finish in 10 weeks I should wait 3 weeks from now).
- Until the 25th day of flowering everything was okay except the room was a bit hot (26-27°C). Than I started to smell some sevage and rotting smell, so it is looked like I have root rot. One of the plants lost almos all her leaves under the canopy. I've bought Cannazym, I started to tream all of them with it and after a week the bad smell disappeared. I lowered the temperature to 21°C. No more leave dying, so everything went okay until...
-...one day I could not get home in time and turn the fan speeds up, so they stood in 34°C for an hour :(
-...before this day the pistils started to turn orange and in 3 days almost all the pistils turned orange and dried out
- I did not believe that I have pollination but yesterday I've found that one of the plants became hermie (it is not so easy to check them out, because of SCROG and small space.. :( and when I cleared the carbon filter, I've noticed some very very soft powder flying in the air. Maybe pollen? So it looks like they pollenated :(
- The bigges issue: My mom visited me in my flat and she found out what I'm doing and she was very upset so keeping the family peace I have to "take care" of my ladies :(
- Other issues: The colas stopped growing since last week. Before the "pollination" they grew well but now they stopped. Since the root rot it is not so easy to give the correct amounts of fertilizers. One day they are "starving" with a normal amount of fert, 5 days later they got burn from it. WAAAH! :D (they got Cannazym, Plagron Alga Bloom and Hesi PK)

Well, they are so stressed (I wanted to be a good father, but this is my first grow so I made some mistakes :( ) and I'm stressed too... I came to that point where I should haverst them. Of course I don't want to throw them out... but can I keep them to smoke? Will they have a valuable effect? I've checked the triches and maybe I've saw some cloudy triches. What my plan is now, that I try to keep them for one more week before chop, and I will give only PH fixed water to flush them.

What do You think guys? :( Thanks for the answers! :)

flush8.jpg

flush23.jpg

I'm not sure where to start on this. How are you sure you have root rot?

As far as losing a lot of lower leaves, it could be as simple as your plants being dry and the extreme heat they're facing.
I've had plants hit those temps before and they survived and I still produced decent bud.

Lack of water and heat stress has also caused my pistils to turn brown and dry up.

Here's what you gotta decide imo: Who is gonna be smoking this bud, just you? Do you care about a few seeds in there?
Can you give the plants the time to finish up? I would wait until most of the trichomes are at least cloudy.

Don't short change yourself, if that's a 10-12 week strain and you are gonna harvest at week 8 it's gonna make all that time you put into them worthless imo. I would ride it out for the full term and just Correct what you can. Get the best possible bud you can with the situation and get some seeds out of it. It's a learning experience

I'll take the opposite side of the coin.

If YOU feel they are done and have given all they can give, harvest them for yourself: oils, hash, and smoke. I had one poor harvest due to mite infestation and labelled that harvest for my own medicine. I have ground some of the dried buds to cook with Coconut oil to put in capsules, for example. So, your harvest won't go to waste. Be creative!

either way, he will have some opinions to go off of. :)

It's just in my way of thinking, if he has a strain that generally runs 10-12 weeks in ideal conditions that he won't be happy all with the end product if it only grew 8 weeks total in a less than ideal environment. Him saying he thinks he might see some cloudy trichomes makes me think harvesting now won't give him what he wants.

But he very well might still be able to feel some of the effects smoking it and be happy with it.

I say if they have not hermied you can keep going. You said the "P" word in your post which if true is not good.

It is hard to say exactly what to do because I can't tell from the pics if you are in a soil or some Hydro setup.

If they have root rot then keep dumping in enzyme (you can't overdo that) and add some off the shelf bacteria like voodoo juice and some Sugars like Sugaree (again those will not burn by themselves).

Assuming you have adequately diagnosed your problems at this point you are off the rails. Anything goes. Your time to harvest is minimum going to be longer period. But you Can recover them...it just takes some know how and patients and stop messing things up.

:goodluck:

Even cutting today would work. It's your first grow, never base expectations on someone elses' timeline. If you see some cloudy trichs, you can cut tomorrow if need be and it should be a decent smoke. But give them as much time as you can, then chop and dry/cure it. Always watch your trichs, never the calender or pistils.

Shame you're under an ultimatum. Or you could do like a politician and say "why yes Mom, it was always my intention to take care of them." You could even buy a bag of cement and leave it in a corner just to prove your point. Then go about your business, sure in the fact that you are complying with the ultimatum to the letter.

:lot-o-toke:.

Thanks for the replies guys and the soul-aid (I don't know the english word for it but I hope this works :D) :)

The story continues, I did not gave up them, but the they gonna end up soon. One of them is truly dying, black and yellow leaves no growing. The buds are forming, but that's all. The others are almost okay (one of them has nitrogen overdose). Yesterday all of them got (except the dying one) a good fert water (pk, bloom and enzyme), and now I give them another week and see what is going to be. The dying one will be chopped next week, it is time to flush it.

The good side is that they started to turn cloudy fast so they will finish well in two weeks :) Yesterday I took a sample from the dying one in the morning. I used a cruel way for drying: hot air + fan so I could try it in the evening. Ohh my god... What I used to buy on the "streets" used to give me a pleasant high for about 45 mins with my usual dosage (less than 0,1g). My sample with the awful drying and without curing gave me a 3 hours ride. I did not smoke months ago so I was a bit paranoid and I had to "learn these feelings" again and make it comfortable for myself but the power of it is awesome. I ate all night :D Not easy to buy something potet as it is around here :D So I'm glad. I could do things better, but I've tried my best. I hope they enjoyed the life :)

Thanks for the replies guys and the soul-aid (I don't know the english word for it but I hope this works :D) :)

The story continues, I did not gave up them, but the they gonna end up soon. One of them is truly dying, black and yellow leaves no growing. The buds are forming, but that's all. The others are almost okay (one of them has nitrogen overdose). Yesterday all of them got (except the dying one) a good fert water (pk, bloom and enzyme), and now I give them another week and see what is going to be. The dying one will be chopped next week, it is time to flush it.

The good side is that they started to turn cloudy fast so they will finish well in two weeks :) Yesterday I took a sample from the dying one in the morning. I used a cruel way for drying: hot air + fan so I could try it in the evening. Ohh my god... What I used to buy on the "streets" used to give me a pleasant high for about 45 mins with my usual dosage (less than 0,1g). My sample with the awful drying and without curing gave me a 3 hours ride. I did not smoke months ago so I was a bit paranoid and I had to "learn these feelings" again and make it comfortable for myself but the power of it is awesome. I ate all night :D Not easy to buy something potet as it is around here :D So I'm glad. I could do things better, but I've tried my best. I hope they enjoyed the life :)

Your English is excellent - soul-aid is an amazing phrase and it's what 420magazine is all about :) I'm so glad you've had a good result and that even the sample from the dying plant was very powerful! Well done! Let us know how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom