Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Indica
How Many Plants? 10
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 4 weeks
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 20 gal
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? 68-70 with Chiller
If Hydro, what type of Medium? Started in 2" RW then put into 5" pots with clayballs
If Hydro, what type of Setup? Ebb and flow

Size (Wattage) of Light? Started with 4 buld T5, switched to 600 watt hps, then turned ballast down to 360 watts
Is it Air Cooled? yes, cool tube
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Max 84, min 68
RH of Room/Cabinet? Max 70, min 45
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 5.7-6.0
Any Pests? none, for a first!
How Often are you Watering? 15 minutes floods every 3 hours
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? GH 3 part, weeks 1-4 25%, now 40%
Size or Square Footage of Room? 48 sq feet

A little background:

DJ Short BB 3 weeks into 18/6 veg. Using Ebb and Flow with chiller to keep res temps between 68-70. Clones started in 2" RW then placed into 5" pots with clayballs. Flood level just below RW, flooding 15 min. every 3 hours during day and once in middle of night cycle. Using GH 3 part, up until 9/11 at 1/4 strength. On 9/11 increased to 40% (105ml grow, 70ml micro and 35 ml bloom). Until 9/11 plants were under 4 bulb T5, about 3" above tops looking fantastic like first 2 pics. I FIMMED then a week ago and they showed very little signs of stress. On 9/11 I switched out the T5 and started using 600 watt HPS 2 feet above tops as they were getting too big for T5 fixture. Temperature maxes at 83, min at 68. The day after I turned on the 600 watt they drooped big time as can be seen in the last 2 pics. At first I thought the 600watt was too much, so I turned the dimmer on the ballast down to 360 watt. Two days later and they do not look any better. This morning I thought maybe they were underwatered, so I gave the RW some water from res hoping to see some signs of improvement. Three hours later and no changes. I am stumped, the only thing that has changed was the light. Can that jump in wattage stun the plants like this? How long if ever, will they take to come back. Is this going to Eff up the flower production?

DSC00381_Medium_.JPG

DJ_Short_1_Medium_.JPG

DSC00385_Medium_.JPG

DSC00386_Medium_.JPG

ouch, i had this happen to me but mine were soil. I agree with the above. mine was over heating. but it does also look alot like over watering....make sure the roots are not exposed to light. good luck. keep us updated on this one. im interested to see what fixes it. :goodluck:

Well it looks like the change from going from 96 watts of T5's to 600 watts of HPS, just shocked the hell out of them. Yes, the temps got a bit high, but nothing over what they hit a few weeks ago(86 max) when we had a small heat wave. I didn't change anything on the feeding schedule, but I gave them some liquid karma foliar spray and put the T5 fixture back in. This morning they were back looking healthy like the earlier pics. Now I just wonder if the shock will affect the bud production when I get to flower? I have heard that shocking them in veg can hurt their flower production. Hopefully those people are wrong! My local hydro guy that helped me through this problems says there will not be any issues.

Thank you for all that provided help!!!

Now I just wonder if the shock will affect the bud production when I get to flower?

you can bet your ass it will.....

i agree with xbox, too much water for sure.
though it could also be a ph problem, along with heat stress;
do not worry, I will bet my balls that if you fix these things, they will come back beautifully.
your yield may suffer a bit depending on when you flower them.
happy growing

i agree with xbox, too much water for sure.
though it could also be a ph problem, along with heat stress;
do not worry, I will bet my balls that if you fix these things, they will come back beautifully.
your yield may suffer a bit depending on when you flower them.
happy growing

Fortunately I don't plan on flipping them until they double in size, probably another 3-4 weeks as they seem to be growing about a inch a week under the T5.

Fortunately I don't plan on flipping them until they double in size, probably another 3-4 weeks as they seem to be growing about a inch a week under the T5.

that is long enough to get them really healthy again, but the roots need attention;

you could easily triple your growth per week and more if they are;

The weed needs her roots to be moist and not wet all the time, let them go through a wet and moist, or dry cycle, as they need oxygen to stay healthy, and absorb nutrients.

The roots can not be wet all the time, as well as have access to large amounts of oxygen to stay healthy; if the plants receive too much water, then the water fills the air spaces in the soil or medium, so the roots only have access to the oxygen dissolved in that water - that soon is gone.

the roots need to be moist and happy, especially when the plant is flowering, to absorb magnesium, calcium, and other elements.
happy growing

As long as the plants are at peak health at the time you put them to flower and remain that way then bud production wont be affected except for the minor fact that during the stress during veg the plant didnt grow as much or develop as much roots so it just wont be as big or produce as much as a plant that was grown the exact same way but experienced no shock whatsoever or slow down in growth.

Back
Top Bottom