help identify a nutrient problem

nibec

alright, so long story short.

Im in a dwc bubbler, res is nice and clean & running a benny tea, no root slime etc. so, root zone is a-ok.

the issue im having:
worst looking leaves
Picture_002119.jpg

from the top
Picture_001123.jpg

this all started happening about a week and a half ago. Soon as i changed my res.

the nute mix is 18 liter res, with advanced nutrients 3 part.

20ml micro
20ml grow
10ml bloom
20ml calmag

930ppm
5.6ph

the leaves themselves turn yellow, and crispy, then brown. Im thinking maybe too high of PPM for her, as shes under 200 watts of cfl currently.

the tip curling started after the other problems.

its kind of hard to see, but in the very back of the top shot, you can see some other growing shoots starting to lighten up around the edges, and stay dark green in the center.

temps sit around 75F all day, and 70F at night.. hottest it has gotten so far, is 77F.

the plants pretty old, had some pretty harsh times with root rot etc, and i ended up chopping off all her roots, and praying she would come back... which she did, and with some serious vigor. then all of a sudden slowed down, and got this happening.

like i said above, im thinking over fert. but i want some other opinions before i start to lower the PPM.

thanks for the look! :)

Re: help identify a nutrient problem.

High there nibec, long time no see.

930 ppm under a 200W cfl prolly is to high but about right for a 400W MH.

I'd take about half out and top up with water and you should come in a little under 500. Keep the nutes you take out in a cool, dark place and feed it back 50/50 with water as they need topping up.

They do tend to grow vigourus as hell when overfed until it turns toxic.

I've been to busy to get on and need to update my own page. Poor girls arnt looking so good but I got a new pH pen so I can hopefully bring them around for a decent finish in the last few weeks of flowering.

Good luck with your baby! :thumb:

thanks OMU, i dropped her down about 200 ppm yesterday, im thinking of dropping her down about 200 more, and let her recover. Then ill slowly raise it again. she seemed to do very well at about about 700-750, but when i did the nute change i decided to up her a little. apparently bad choice.

anyways. im still subscribed to your grow too, and will be following it.

i havent really had much time on here either, new job and such, putting a lot of focus into it. once she recovers from the burn, she will already be into the screen i would assume. and at that point ill update my log.

well, i ripped off all the leaves a couple days ago that were burnt, and dropped her to 700ppm, and no new burning has developed.

the rest of the leaves still look kinda rough, but, with no new damage, i think she'll be ok there, and ill just let her recover.

roots seem to have taken off again in the past few days since dropping the ppm.. wonder if thats related too.

Back
Top Bottom