Help me if you can

Mrmorrison

420 Member
First time here and first time growing I am thinking of growing 4 plants in my tent size is 80x80x180 how big do my Pot size need to be and I have a 300w Veg CFL Grow Light will that do the job or do i need to get a new Bulbs or a new lights

Hey there, I've currently got 3 plants in my 2x4" tent, they are in 5 gal pots and fit ok with 40cm wide space per pot so I would say 4 plants in your space is doable.
You would really need a warmer CFL for flowering most run 3000k.
I would also suggest a little more light than 300w CFL for flowering 4 plants.
Keep reading there is lots of really useful info here.
I would suggest starting with emilays guide the proper way to water a potted plant. (Not sure how to link it)
Watering properly is the most important thing to start off if growing in soil.
Good luck with your first grow.

Thats the link @Billpopy79 mentioned.

Pot size you may also want to account for a run off tray as this will most likely need to be wider than the pot. A lot of people on here diy the run off trays, but I’m pretty useless with that so I just picked some up to chuck under each plant individually. My tent is 240cm wide, I do 8 plants, 4 either side. I use 20litre pots which I believe is around 4.4 gallon i think. You can see on my journal (link in signature) how much space this leaves me. Just note you have 40cm less space.

When buying my pots I went to a shop and measured them up, but I’m sure if you can’t do that you can find the measurements online. I’d expect you could get somewhere between 3-5 gallon sized pots.

I personally use 600w hps light, 1 either side of my tent and use a small T5 light for my veg. As mentioned above you may want a little more for flowering. Here in the UK I picked up a complete setup for a 600w hps with ballast and wings for around £120. You’ll find journals on neary every type of light on the site, it really is what suits your space and how much you wish to spend. Note with something like a hps it will produce a fair bit of heat. If I didn’t extract my hot air my tent would run into the 40s Celsius (104f), likely killing my plants or causing some major issues.

The link above about watering is the best advise I could give, Emilya has helped out with my grow, along with many other members.

Good luck and make a journal when you start, you’ll get tons of advice.

I would suggest starting with emilays guide the proper way to water a potted plant. (Not sure how to link it)
Here ya go Bill. It'll teach you how to add links in your signature.

Hey there, I've currently got 3 plants in my 2x4" tent, they are in 5 gal pots and fit ok with 40cm wide space per pot so I would say 4 plants in your space is doable.
You would really need a warmer CFL for flowering most run 3000k.
I would also suggest a little more light than 300w CFL for flowering 4 plants.
Keep reading there is lots of really useful info here.
Watering properly is the most important thing to start off if growing in soil.
Good luck with your first grow.

Back
Top Bottom