Help me please if you have time

Rajam0n

So I'm gonna start a grow in a week or so, I'm looking for an exhaust fan that is cheap, like less than 100$ cheap and no louder than a normal fan but still does a good job for the size tent I'm buying. I'm going to buy a 2'x4'x5' tent off amazon that cost around 90$. I built a carbon scrubber and plan to blow air through it. I've done tons of research but there are a couple things I still wanted answers to. 1. I have a vornado fan and was wondering if it can be used in the same way as a vent fan if I put it in the tent and push the air into a carbon filter on the outside. 2. If my fan cannot be used in that way, can anyone recommend a fan that is quiet, cheap, and will vent a tent of that size. 3. How many plants can I fit in there? I only want 4 or 5 plants at a time. 4. Also do you think most of the odor will be killed, the scrubber i built has a 4" core with I guess 2" of carbon around it being that the outter portion of my filter is 6", there will be no pre filter since I'm going to push air through it. I'll also be using a home made ona airfreshener outside the tent to help kill smell. Any and all help will be much appreciated as this is my first indoor grow and need it be very stealthy haha. I hope all this makes sense, I feel like I was rambling and I'm much too tired to proof read.

Sounds like ya got a design issue with your carbon filter... i believe air needs to be pulled through the carbon granules for it to be effective... most premade carbon filters purchased from shops etc don't remove all the odour so having odour removing gels etc are a good option to cover trace smells.

Heres some links of designs & other ideas - DIY Can-Filter / DIY Odor Control Bucket / DIY High Flow Carbon Filter / DIY Carbon High Flo Filter - 30 bucks

Might also want to look into fan muffles/silencers heres some more DIY options - Made an exhaust fan sound proof box. Quiet is an understatement! / DIY Duct silencer/muffler: super cheap

Ya should be able to get away with 4 small bush plants in that space might be a tad tight tho & would more than likely settle for 3.

Scrogging a couple of plants will more likely give you a higher yield than 3 to 4 small bush plants tho :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom