Need Advice & Answers - New Grower -Happy Memorial Weekend - Be Safe!

OGxToka

Hello Cannabis Smokers And Growers!

soo im a new grower and would like grow some very good bud to smoke!but let me first tell you what my setup is because it'll effect the grow but need advice!

Low Budget Set-Up Currently Using:
-Grow Box:
4x4x4 1/2 grow box made from 2x4's and plywood.
inside is layered with foil.sides,ceiling, floor has 98% reflective sheeting,and the grow boxes door is painted white(ran out of foil,didnt wanna drive stoned to get more,, safety first!! lol)
i have 6 plants,2 plants are 11"inch tall and 4 other plants are 5" tall(dont know the weeks or the age of the plants)the 2 taller plants are at least 1 month from seedling, the other 4 are around 1 1/2 - 3 weeks from seedling
-Lighting:
i have 2 CFL work lights (tubes) the ones you hang...each hold 2 tubed CFL
each cfl bulb/tube is 40W (Tru watt)5100k temp
cold nights i use 3/4 bulbs to keep temp at 77-78*F
each light is kept 2-3 inches from top of the plants
my lights are on 24 Hours(Constant)
-Ventilation:
i have one 4" fan in top corner for *circulation* and little breeze to blow against the plants to toughen the plants skeleton.(on hot days when its 81-83*F outside without the fan ON with 2 bulbs running its around 76-78*F in grow box,with the fan OFF its 79-81*F in grow box,,,,i keep fan on during hot days and off on cool days and nights with also an 1hour on for ventilation and toughen plants skeleton.
-for pulling hot air out of the box on hot days when temps in box get over 80*F i have a 7" fan that my buddy gave me that was for his radiator on his bike(flip +/- wires for pulling air or blowing air)mounted in the middle on top with metal ducting about 12"straight up with a screen to keep bugs flying in when fan is off...reason i dont have the ducting running out from the room to outside is because my box is in the garage and i can open the garage to let the hot air escape outside and let cooler air in the garage.

-Soil/PH Range For Water/Pot Size:
Soil, im using some regular soil nothing special like fox farm etc...im using PRO-MIX that i got for 20$ for 30lbs also picked up some perlite.(dont have info on whats in the soil etc rn i will update this afternoon with details)
-i was originally using miracle grow with 2 other plants that i grew before the 6 plants i have now. i basically threw those 2 plants away,reason was the seeds i got was from some dirt hermie bud and was all dried out etc....and tbh never knew that miracle grow has time released nuts that last 6 months and will ruin flowering....never knew that about miracle grow soil because ive never grown anything including veg/fruits
so i bought the PRO-MIX because my buddy has had some decent/good results with it(not the best but good for starting out right?)
**Soil and Perlite Mix I Use RN**
-5 gal of Soil
-1 1/2 gal of perlite
*NOTE*:pRO-MIX has alot of perlite in it already but in small pieces,i mis bigger chunks of perlite in it to give me the perfect drainage for my soil.
-also ive already experimented with soil/perlite ratios and tried finding the perfect drainage because before adding perlite it would take 3-5 mins to see water drain out the bottom and when pouring the water it would all lift up etc...but found my mix that i like now!
PH Levels For Water:i use distilled water with a PH level between 6.4-6.9 when plant doesnt show deficiencies.whenever i see that my plants has deficiencies i flush the soil with PH level 5.5-5.8 distilled water and i notice them getting better the next 2-3 days then bring the PH back up.
*NOTE*dont have a soil PH meter rn but will be getting one tomorrow so i can monitor the soils PH
Pot Size:pretty sure they are 1 1/2-2 gallon pots

Things Im Getting/Upgrading For My Next Future Grow!:

That Is My Set-Up For Right Now.Also These Plants Im Growing RN Im Testing With,Im Using These Plants To Understand What They Require And Basically Get A Feel On Nutrients And What PH Levels Are Best During Seedling,Vegatative,Flowering Stage.Im Also Going To Be Buying Some Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil or The Roots Organic Soil And Maybe Both And Test What Soil Is Best For Myself.Also Getting Some Fox Farm Nutrients Like Grow Big,Big Bloom and Grow More Seaweed Extract(Gonna Test This Nut).For Lighting Im Currently Debating On Getting 1 300w Full Spectrum LED Light,Or 2 300w LED Lights 1 Blue Spectrum(Veg Growth) and 1 Red Spectrum(Bud/Flowering), Or Thinking About A 400-600w HPS Light Set-Up.Im Also Looking At Alot Of The Grow Tents To Buy On Ebay,Amazon,Hydroponic Stores,Online Sites Etc....But Not Buying A Grow Tent Because Im Currently Building My Own To Save Money And I Can Build It To The Way I Want It.Im Gonna Build About 3-4 Grow Tents/Boxes Different Sizes Because I Eventually Wanna Test Each Type Of Lighting.High Watt CFL Light Set-Up For 1 Tent,HPS Light Set-Up For 1 Tent,LED Light Set-Up For Another Tent For Testing/Experimenting.And 1 Tent For My Legit, High Quality Grow Set-Up For Some Dank ,Sticky Iky Buds!!!Planning On Making My Legit Grow Box 4-6Ft In Width,8-10Ft In Length,6-7Ft Tall Frame Is Gonna Be Built With 2x4's And Gonna Use Plywood For The Walls,Ceiling,Floor Etc..Also Gonna Add Insulation In The Box So When Im Growing In Winter I Can Keep My Temps Up and Temps Down When Growing In Summer Hot Days(GETS HOT IN SO.CAL).But For My Other Tents Haven't Decide The Size Of Them Yet..

My Questions For You!Any Advice From Fellow Growers! (READ BOTTOM OF THREAD FOR IMPORTANT INFO)

#1. For My Current Set-Up Is There Anything I Can Do Or Change To Improve And For My Plants To Be Healthy And Potent?

#2. Is My PH Level Good For What I Have Them At RN For Water?

#3. Which Soil You Think Is Best; PRO-MIX,Fox Farm Or Roots Organic?

#4. How Do I Tell When My Plant Is Ready For Flowering?

#5. What Do I Need To Do Right Before Switching To Flowering And During Flowering?

#6. How Tall Will A 1Ft Plant In Veg Stage Be When In Flowering Stage?(Final Height)

#7(MULTIPLE QUESTION). Do You Think CFL's Are Good/Decent For Beginner Growers(Like Me)?My Current Box Is 2Ft Wide,4Ft In Length And 3Ft Tall,How Many Watts Should I Run In My Box(CFL)?

#8. What Are The Best Nutrients For Seedling/Vegetative/Flower Stages?Also How Many Times/How Often Should I Feed Them Nutrients?

#9. Can Or Would You Tell Me About Your First Time Ever Growing,Like How Was Your Grow?What Problems You Faced?And How You Fixed It?Etc!

#10. My Light Schedule Is 24Hours ON.Should I Change My Lighting Schedule To Like 16/8,18/6,20/4??Will It Make Any Difference?Is It Good Or Bad?
IMPORTANT INFO YOU NEED TO KNOW!
My Grow Im Doing Rn Is All CFL's!Reason Why Its CHEAP!Each Bulb Is 40W True,So 4 Bulbs 160W Each Bulb Giving 5100K

WILL POST PICTURES OF MY CURRENT GROW BOX AND PLANTS ASAP!!!

3. Pro-Mix HP is a soilless mix. For an actual soil, Fox Farms Ocean Forest is preferred choice from your list.

6. Depends on Sativa/Indica.

7. I have been surprised by the cannabis I have seen grown with CFLs. You will need a lot of them though. What are Compact Fluorescents and How Can I use them for Growing?

8. This question is subjective, so there really is no "best".

9. What are common mistakes made by first time growers?

10. Again, this one is subjective. Some people run 24/0 and some run 18/6. You should find what works best for you. See: Do Roots Really Grow In The Dark? and How many hours of light do I need for veg growth?

@JuanCarlos Srry Forgot To Quote You!

Thanks For FeedBack!!!

3 LOL Forgot It Was Soilless LOL

6 they are all sativas

7 yes ik right?!thanks for the thread you just shared with me!will be reading it!

8 well what i kinda meant was the strengths like (12-5-3) etc... for like each stage.

10 thank you again for the thread you shared!

@JuanCarlos Srry Forgot To Quote You!

Thanks For FeedBack!!!

3 LOL Forgot It Was Soilless LOL

6 they are all sativas

7 yes ik right?!thanks for the thread you just shared with me!will be reading it!

8 well what i kinda meant was the strengths like (12-5-3) etc... for like each stage.

10 thank you again for the thread you shared!
Sativas can really take off man. A sativa that's a foot tall at the flip can end up 4 foot tall, so I would veg them only for a short time based on your height limitations.

Sativas can really take off man. A sativa that's a foot tall at the flip can end up 4 foot tall, so I would veg them only for a short time based on your height limitations.

so if my sativa is 11-13inches tall and say its 2-3ft when flowered.how much yield do i expect with using 8 30w cfl 2700k?or what would be a good estimate?
Thanks Buddy

Flower those sativas now if possible! You'll still run out of room because they will get too tall, but you can hopefully train them down a bit. My sativas stretch up to five times height after I start flowering

Flower those sativas now if possible! You'll still run out of room because they will get too tall, but you can hopefully train them down a bit. My sativas stretch up to five times height after I start flowering

I Just Decided To Keep The Taller Plants In The Box For Another 3-5 Days....Im Buying A Grow Tent To Flower The 2 Taller Sativas. Wanted To Build A Huge Grow Room In My Garage But Im Moving In The Next Month And Would Rather Use The Tent Do To Easy Moving!

Back
Top Bottom