Help me please!

jcshap

My clones have been in an aeroponic system for about 11 days. They rooted nicely, but yesterday I began to notice some yellowing on the tips of the plants. I changed out the water, and added some nutes, got the PH right, and went back in. This morning I notice the roots, which have been very white, are now browning some. I dont want to lose the babbies, anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Help me please!!

OK I guess nobody wanted to help, but just for reference sake, heres what happened. The water temp was too high (around 83%) which I guess caused the brown slime on the roots. I made new water, at 68 degrees, ph of 5.8, but back in about half the nutes (clonex) and added some peroxide. This has us back to where we want to be, slime gone, roots growing, babies thriving again.

Just saw your post looks like your on the right track with the peroxide but most will recommend more frequent res changes and adding the peroxide untill you see good new white root groth.

Thanks. Been about 8 hours since I made the change and already seeing the roots recover to white. Thing is, now that Ive become aware of water temp, Im already seeing the temp move. Any suggestions how to keep the water at a more steady level?

Depends if you are having high temps or low temps. Low res temps can be regulated with a small aquarium heater. High temps may be a little bit more difficult. you can freeze 2 liter bottles filled with water and rotate them in the res to keep it down plus if its not already paint the res white to reflect light/heat.

Back
Top Bottom