Help, misdiagnosis

jamon8

420 Member
I think it is a cal mag problem, but I am giving a full dose of cal mag per week. It is effecting my sativa the most. It just keeps getting worse. What do you guys think. I am using fox farms at 1/2 strength. Ph is 6.3 when watering

Screenshot_20240329_041942_Gallery.jpg

It just keeps getting worse. What do you guys think. I am using fox farms at 1/2 strength.
Using a recognized fertilizer like the Fox Farm products at 1/2 dose has been causing problems for a lot of growers.

It will be best if you can give some more info. What are you growing the plants in? Is it a soil mix containing compost or is it a coco coir mix? And a photo or two showing the entire plant might help some of the others come up with suggestions.

Which of the Fox Farms fertilizers are you using?

are you trying to run an auto on the lean ?

you can run fox heavier than 1/2 dose. it's a general hunger, not just calmag missing

Coco Loco is the soil. Trainwreck is the strain. Auto. I am using the entire line up.

I will try to feed her a bit heavier. I am growing 4 diff strains. The other plants aren't showing signs and I am feeding them equally.

What do you guys think she is deficient of, maybe I can amend the soil or a foliar spray.

Screenshot_20240329_081616_Photos.jpg

here is a better photo.
I was just about to flush her, but that is not a good idea if she is hungry and I have not been feeding her enough nutes.

20240329_081501.jpg

When was the last time you flushed her? Also pure sativas do prefer a slightly different living condition than most hybrids and all indicas. Hows the VPD in the room as well?

Coco Loco is the soil.

i see the problem.

it's amended coco with a wetting agent. we often run into folk who can't get a plant happy in that. you can't ph it without the media taking a dump, it doesn't run by soil rules, and it doesn't run by standard coco / hydro rules. it also has some background nutes that can interfere with the bottle nutes.

you have to keep it wet but it fails if you overwater. i'd never use anything but normal coco if i ran coco. anything hydro is always better in a total neutral media.

I bought 3 huge bags of the coco loco and it has lasted 2 grows. I don't think I am going to use it again.

it works out great once you have it figured. getting to the right balance can be a problem. it doesn't act like either a soil media or a hydro media. it tries to sit in between. makes giving advice on an issue very tricky.

edit : normally it's run light for nutes in the beginning but ramps to full nutes in late veg and flower. ph is normally ignored at least to the end of veg, but ph can fail late in the grow in that media.

Coco Loco is the soil.
I do not believe that the soil mix is the main problem. Coco Loco is a mix of compost and coco coir and the coco is a replacement for Peat Moss which was used in the traditional potting soil mixes for decades. Being as how there is a push to stop mining the peat bogs for their peat the move has been towards coco as the replacement.

I figure that the best is to treat it more like a traditional peat moss & compost mix and not as somethine any more special than that.

I am growing 4 diff strains.
I wonder if part of the cause for the way this one plant looks might be that it is growing in a smaller amount of soil than the other plants. The root system has to get nutrients from the soil it is in and any fertilizer the grower adds. The other plant next to it looks like it is in a 5 gallon bucket. This plant with the problem seems to be In a 2 and a 1/2 or a 3 gallon bucket.

Not all strains will react the same to being in a smaller amount of soil mix and 1/2 dose of the fertilizers.

I bought 3 huge bags of the coco loco and it has lasted 2 grows. I don't think I am going to use it again.
To bad you do not live down the street. I would save you the trouble of getting rid of it by picking it up and then reconstituting the compost portion here at home:).

I do not believe that the soil mix is the main problem.

we keep getting folk who have trouble with it. it takes a grow or 2 to dial it in depending on nutes etc.

Being as how there is a push to stop mining the peat bogs for their peat the move has been towards coco as the replacement.

it's a great use of an otherwise waste material. there is a massive glut of coir. it should actually be far cheaper as a media.

I figure that the best is to treat it more like a traditional peat moss & compost mix and not as something any more special than that.

you would hope but that is where it falls down in most grows. i think a neutral coir puts better control in the hands of the grower. i'm not even fond of things like lime balanced for ph when ph can be controlled by the grower.

basic media rules in hydro and soil types are now far too intermingled.

They are all 5 gallon buckets. It must be the perspective of the camera shot. The sativa, trainwreck, had issues from the get go. I think I am going to feed her more after she dries out from the flush.

i should have added your plants will do better in a dark bucket. plant root's hate light and a white sided 5gal bucket can let too much in. you get a lot better root development and happier plants in a dark bucket.

you can simply duct tape over the current ones to block more light if you like. there's plastic paint and other things but the tape works out probably better long term.

I read somewhere that you are supposed to feed your ladies 2 days after a flush. My trainwreck is yellowing. I waited 3 days and she was still not dried out, but I feed her anyway.

I am finding the right balance, first grow I overfed and this grow I underfed.

20240401_161940.jpg

Back
Top Bottom