Help Needed - Rookie Grower in Coco

timbo001

Hey all
Thought I'd give you a quick rundown.

A friend of mine is currently growing plants in a small closet grow in his shed

He has a 400W HPS setup and is growing Northern Lights 5 from HGS in pot plants with Coco Coir.

The problem that he is having is with nutes. He is unsure of whether his plants are needing more or less nutes.

He thought the yellow leaves meant they needed more but after he upped the dosage it looked more like yellow tips on the leaves like burn marks.

Firstly just wondering the best way to add nutes in coco, and the best way to measure how much?

Also what is the brand superthrive like. They are a 4 part nute, part a1 and a2 for veg, and b1 and b2 for flowering. What other options are out there?

Thanks in advance?
Timbo

Thanks for your reply.
Just thought I'd put up a couple of photos of the rather sick looking plants in question.
Main issue was when to use nutrients and how often?
Do you use them every time you water, every so often etc?
Thanks
Tim
plant003.png

plant002.jpg

plant001.jpg

From the way it looks you need some nitrogen for the yellowing. Also that redish color looks like a phosphorus deficiency( I think). If you have bloom nutes start using them now :morenutes: at 1/4 strenght every other time you water, they should perk back up for you. Thats just my suggestion tho, the real pros will be around soon. Hold tight timbooo :rollit:

Thanks for the replies guys. He is using a 4 part nutrient solution called - 'hydroponic nutrient by superthrive'. By MG diet do you mean it may have too much magnesium? Also what other nutrients are out the for coco coir? Thanks again

hello i grow in coco coir also i use it as a hydroponic medium its fantastic, i think your plant is under fed, most synthetic nutes for hydro work for coco in . coco is high in potassium and must be buffed with calcium befor use, it has no real nutes for plants and is concidered a neutral medium, so when hand watering you should use nutes every feeding, watering only is flushing the roots, good simple nutes like technaflora or general hydropics or advanced nutrients, make feeding easy if you follow inst. on nutes you wont have to learn as much and are likely to do well

Hey there timbo, Welcome to the forum. What is the ph of the medium, and the run off? also, May be a bit of a magnnesium, Calcium defficiency. If thats the case, Id pick up some calmag, MagiCal, or some type of calcium nute.. Im sure youll get it figured out. Theres a ton of knowlegable peeps here...

I am new to these forums but have been growing for 10yrs.
The plant just seems generally under-fertilised, you must use a water/nutrient with every watering. That plant looks to be about 3 to 4 weeks into flowering and should be at an e.c of around 1.6 and getting fed 500ml of solution a day in good enviromental conditions. Your nutrients provide everything the plant needs so I wouldn't worry about having to suppliment your plants with certain elements. I could go much deeper but I fear I could write an essay.
Hope this helps
Mr Fog

Back
Top Bottom