Coco or dirt

rp12bar

Im in dirt now but thinking of trying coco. I have a friend doing coco and it seems he uses a hell of a lot of nutes and expensive ones, and he doesnt do much better than I do. What nutes are needed for best results? I use ocean farm soil and the three main nutes. I get two plus oz a plant. I hear stories of folks who say they can get a lb on one plant. I have yet to see one of these. If I try coco what should I feed them? my air water and lights are good.Thanks for any help

I used to do soil. Now I use coco coir. Same nutes, same amount of nutes. I use Botanicare, but it's all preference.

Botanicare Pro Gro for veg, Pro Bloom for flower, along with Liquid Karma, CalMag, Molasses, Epsom Salt. I typically veg for two weeks under T5s until they're 6", then bloom in 4x6 tent in 1 gallon pots, 4' of which is actual grow space. I run 12 plants in every two weeks, and pull 12 plants every two weeks, pulling about 1 oz. per plant, or 12 oz. per harvest, every two weeks in my perpetual grow.

Right now he is and we get about the same yeild but he spends a lot more money for nutes. Is there a basic feeding schedule for coco? cant seem to find any thing.

Feeding schedules are based on the nutrients. Everyone has their own thoughts, opinions and experiences so no one feeding product or schedule fits all.

Just stick to the basic principles and proven methods then expand upon that once you gain your own experience. That's really everyone's story.

Did grow in coco but trying to stay away from it , its a lot harder to grow in coco coz of the lack of nutrients in it . You need to use more of that staff to keep them healthy and its easier to burn your plants.
If you want to be safe go with soil

There are various levels of experience in all mediums. Choose one and learn it. Most choose based on financial, time constraints, amount of dedication, space available, and so on. I would suggest what ever floats your boat is fine, do your research and give it a whirl. In my opinion I have had great success in coco and soil. I find in coco I can produce the same in a smaller container than I can with soil. The root development and growth rate is second only to hydro or outdoors. IMHO

I know this is a few weeks old but instead of trying a new thread I would just like to add to this... Does anyone else have opinions or knowledge on coco. Muc appreciates

Not going to get to many answers without specific questions.

Example what do I feed in coco?

Feeding in coco is simple. You can feed like a hydro or soil. I personally have used OC+ as the simplest method. Or you can feed any prepared 2 or 3 part system. They do have coco type nutes that tend to be higher in calcium and magnesium. Some brands such as Canna Coco has good bacteria in it for a healthier root zone. The most flexible medium yet coco is... that I have tried.

When done correctly coco will yield more like for like than soil when done correctly. Coco is basically a hydro grow and is a very forgiving medium. I have grown thousands of plants in coco and i would never plant in soil again. But u need to understand nutrients, what to give and when and understand ph to get the most out of it. Just go with any 1 method u like the idea of and stick with it for several grows so u can get the best out of it. very few people get it perfect first time.

Coco is great, I always recommend soil for beginners til they grasp the science behind feeding. But I have seen many beginners do well in it. For me soil is he lowest cost highest yield route. But don't be afraid to form ur own opinion and share it

Back
Top Bottom