Help needed

roundstone

hi i was given 5 white widow seeds. i put them in a plant pot in a green house (i am in uk) the seeds have grown about 5cm and have 6 leaves. my questions are
1 if they are in a greenhouse so i guess i dont need a light?
2 what stage do i give them 12hour of dark?
3 any other thing i need to know?
thanks

Welcome Round---

I am not sure what you mean about not needing light due to being in a greenhouse? All plants needs some type of light. I am confused by this. Some people grow their plants from seeds under 12/12. Others let their plants veg under 18/6 or some do 24/0. Or some put their plants in flower under 12/12 in which they get 12 hrs of light as well as 12 hours of darkness. I am a novice grower maybe someone more experienced will drop in that can give you a more detailed explanation. But in the meantime, click on the link in my sig line on how to grow marijuana, all the info you need on getting started. Plus there are a lot of journals that are doing or have done a white widow grow.

You don't need a light, the sun is your light. You don't put them into 12/12, the shorting time frame of daylight towards the end of your growing season determines flowering.

hi roundstone i am across the pond in ireland
grass_011.jpg
grass_007.jpg
grass_009.jpg

this is the third week of my grow outside,good luck with your grow and keep us updated

hi so if i dont need 12/12 until iwant flowers does that mean i need light24 . mite have to put a heater in the green house as it was 2deg in there last night:-(.
so i only do 12/12 when the plants are 4ft or so to make them flower is that right. sorry if i sound dumd not done this before. as i guess we all start somewhere thanks

hi so if i dont need 12/12 until iwant flowers does that mean i need light24 . mite have to put a heater in the green house as it was 2deg in there last night:-(.
so i only do 12/12 when the plants are 4ft or so to make them flower is that right. sorry if i sound dumd not done this before. as i guess we all start somewhere thanks

I agree and the best place to start is right here
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

You do and dont need light in a green house unless youre gonna let it grow like its natural in the wild. and 12/12 is induced when you are gonna flower it, put it in this light cycle and it will show sex and begin to flower. Anything you need to know is dont over water or over fertilizer them common mistakes. Dont trim fan leaves unless needed cause they provide nutrients, tuck them before you trim them. Read some guides and learn as well. happy growing and no 12/12 from seed unless you want a small plant with no bud.

hi thanks exile19
what do you mean tuck b4 trimming? so i will need a light for when it gets dark until the sun comes up. what height is best for 12/12?thanks all

Roundstone the sun is your light it will get the darkness when the sun goes down And should finish in sept oct
Yep...like Jon said. Look at it like any other crop grown outside or most green houses...plant in the spring..harvest in the fall.

What I mean by tuck is move the fan leave with out cutting it or anything, so lower bud sites get light. And yea you would need light for the dark unless youre gonna let it grow with the natural sun like in the wild. But make sure to have the light cover so neighbors dont get suspicious. And height depends on, how big can it get, or how big do you want it, it could be 2 feet or 10 feet but its your preference. They automatically show signs of their sex but thats like 2 months or so, so if you want to flower it in a month you can. You can also top, fim or LST them to alter height for you if you cant have them super tall as these methods make them bushier. But its all your preference.

top= topping where you cut the top of the plant off, fim= fimming(f@ck I miss) where you cut 80% of the new growth off, and LST= low stress training where you tie your plant down. here are some guide Topping that one was topping and fimming, this one is lst A Brief Guide to LST. And this one has a couple other techniques read and if you have questions I or someone will probably answer dude Guide to training techniques - LST, SOG, SCROG, SC. Happy growing.:420:

hi
i have a heater in the green house now is it about 15 is that about right?
all so how many plant would fit on a 100cm x100cm grow tent?
many thanks alland happy growing

Most wait till last freeze of year then plant outside I'd say 50 would get some growth

Yep...like Jon said. Look at it like any other crop grown outside or most green houses...plant in the spring..harvest in the fall.

roundstone;1499322 i have a heater in the green house now is it about 15 is that about right? all so how many plant would fit on a 100cm x100cm grow tent? many thanks alland happy growing[/QUOTE said:
Id bring the plants inside and put em under a light until it warms up bro :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom