Help nutrients what it better

sanjose

ok i used to use botancare to flower my plants in dwc system and alot of people told me to switch to advanced nutrients to flower they said i would get more poitent dense nugs and a better yeild but now that i bought advanced nutes some people are sayin they dont work as good is advanced good or was i better off with bontanicare

No matter which nutrients you go with there will be Billy saying they suck, while Joe says they rock. Some people prefer Honda, others like Toyota but at the end of the day they're both going to get you from A to B.

It's good to experiment with different companies to find your favorite, and compare results. I like Botanicare for it's simplicity, although Advanced is a great company IMO, with all their guarantees etc.

I know a guy who's going to be testing AN's new LED 1000w equivalent, which looks impressive.

It is personal preferance, I use General Hydroponics......

:peace:
WilliyB

It's a little bit of both I think.

It don't matter how good your nutes are if you don't have them dialed in right. Your plants aren't gonna do well.

On the other hand my personal experience (for what it's worth) says that if you get them dialed in right you'll really start to see some difference between the different brands.

For me I get the best results with Advanced Nutrients... they just fit right for me. Everyone thinks their favorite brand will be the best for everyone. Maybe one actually is the best, but it's hard to say who that is without a lot of impartial scientific testing.

No matter which nutrients you go with there will be Billy saying they suck, while Joe says they rock. Some people prefer Honda, others like Toyota but at the end of the day they're both going to get you from A to B.

It's good to experiment with different companies to find your favorite, and compare results. I like Botanicare for it's simplicity, although Advanced is a great company IMO, with all their guarantees etc.

I know a guy who's going to be testing AN's new LED 1000w equivalent, which looks impressive.

Hey JJ...can Botanicare be used for soil grows? I checked their website out and they are touting them for hydro...does it matter?

:peacetwo:

I would imagine it can. I know you can use Advanced Nutrients in soil. My understanding is that it's harder to make a fert that's good enough for hydro than it is to make one for soil. So hydro nutes are more likely to work well in soil than soil ferts are to work well in hydro.

Since Botanicare made me clean my hydro system more often (it gunked up faster than AN) I would say it probably should be used in soil instead of hydroponics.

Using the right nutrients will make a huge difference in your root system, your flowering stage, the growth. Everything is effected by using the correct nutes. Even the potency, taste and weight. I use Advanced Nutrients, have compared them to all the major nutes on the market and hands down there is no contest.

Using the right nutrients will make a huge difference in your root system, your flowering stage, the growth. Everything is effected by using the correct nutes. Even the potency, taste and weight. I use Advanced Nutrients, have compared them to all the major nutes on the market and hands down there is no contest.

It must have cost a lot to setup side by side grows using the full lines of Advanced Nutrients, Fox Farm, General Hydroponics, House and Garden, Botanicare, Humboldt Nutrients, Earth Juice, and Dutch Master........ -_-

I don't mean to call you out, but the two links to AN retailers in your profile make this comment seem biased.

Honestly, saying that one program is straight up better than another is always speculation. While each provides their own benefits the biggest factor is always the user. Don't buy into the marketing hype. Grab a fertilizer based on your own needs and stick with it for a few grows. Knowing your setup inside and out (this includes strains, lights, nutes, temps, etc.) will do more for you than having Jesus Christ come down from the heavens to give you his own holy nutrient line.

Yes it can definitly be expensive to determine which nutrient is the best for your specific setup. The main reasons I did this along with several grower friends did this together was because in the begining we all used slightly different products and all had smaller crops that we knew could be improved.

One day we were at a local hydro store and the owner said he used nothing but AN, a month later we were at a different hydro store and the owner and worker said they use nothing but AN. Both showed us pictures and with Black Jack line showed us 1/2lb plants. Very impressive to us since we had not gotten anything like that from several crops each of us had been through. So through several years of tests and using different products-YES hands down this was by far the best line we found-when used properly.

Using quality nutes has given us time and time over large and heavy producing crops, not just for myself but for dozens of friends in the same industry.

The initial costs can be expensive been when you are a caregiver, the more you produce the more you get in your pocket. So if you are growing for yourself and dont require a lot then you may not need this line of products. Thats your choice. When your a caregiver and this is how you support your family, and your plants die or are small not only do you suffer but your family does.

This is why I highly recommend the line and decided to work with this line of products. I own several sites and only sell what I would use myself.

DanielleC, your reply actually hurts your credibility. You can't show any empirical evidence that proves AN is any better than other nutes. What you stated is not proof of anything.

Its kind of shady what you are doing, you should disclaimer your posts with "I am a pitchman" before telling everyone that AN is the best. You are trying to take advantage of the inexperienced growers of this community. Its pretty clear by your posts you are just here pitching AN.

I have an opinion on this subject so I will add if I can.
I think that AN is all about fine tuning and Marketing.
Fine tuning: It seems like they took a 1 - 2 - 3 system and broke down the chemicals to more pure forms and created a 1a - 1b - 1c - 2a - 2b - 2c (and so on) system. It seems reasonable that plants require different levels of nutes at different times and if you want to fin tune your feeding then this gives you the ability. BUT you need to know plant metabolism and needs like an expert and apply specific chemicals at the right time. Not knowing how to properly feed your plants would result in negative results. I am familiar with the AN feeding programs and it is obvious.
Example: 3 part program calls for equal parts of grow, micro and bloom throughout the entire cycle. Why not just make 1 bottle then? Marketing! Another example is Pirranna and Turantula, equal parts when used... same with Humic and fulvic.
Marketing: Like noted above, why break it down if 1 bottle would do the same? Profit. AN will sell you 15 bottles of product where their competitors will sell 5. Now I see more and more companies following the same path and although I will say again, It WILL work better when used perfectly it is a profitable marketing scheme and that is why I do not use it. (for the record I spent the $300 for everything, ran 2 crops and the only difference was how confused and tired I felt, not difference in yeilds.)
While I am mentioning it I will point out that I prefer powder when possible (not for hydro) generally because it is the same stuff and I didn't have to pay for the water that makes 98% of what you get + the fact that shipping costs are more to transport(hidden in price) and liquids are susceptible to hot/cold temps and have a much shorter shelf life.
That was my two cents.

Jonny

Now I like this thread. I've been been add a little of this and that to test thing out. I read labels it seem to me (AN) sell the same nutes in deferent bottles and charges more by saying novice pro or expert. A Typical market scam. Like the toothpaste a holes its all just fluoride. Ok I used (AN) organic grow tea it burned my babies but not bad it could have been some thing else. But now everything is going good with it. I'm also using age old organics dry fruit for flowering.(I need to resize the pics than I'll get them posted) I also use Humboldt Nutes and age old add ins there more cost effective. I'm also trying some of the same NYC Diesel clones with Tiger Bloom and BloomBlastic same base and add ins. A note about (AN) tea it go's fast 2 table spoons per half gal. with Dry fruit I use 1 table spoon per gal. I dont think I'll use advanced again because of the price but I works(one product I'm interested in is the Voodoo Juice any info?). If the Bloomblastic dont cut it its gone to.:reading420magazine::roorrip::::cough::cough: my ? What's the best flush???

I 100% agree that AN is just A+ marketing. It takes about 2 seconds to realize this when you look at their site.....flashy bottle labels and names......trying to appeal to you with the master grower non sense. They market to the inexperienced and first time growers for large profits.

The kicker for me is shit like the 90 dollars a liter BUDXFACTOR.......which is a "secret formula".....with limited analysis.....ORLY.....this isn't 1920 you can't get away with miracle elixirs and shit....Anyone with knowledge on the subject knows that the science of growing has already been broken down......Everyone knows what the plants need.

Im glad someone was paying attention and called dude out. After reading the thread I looked at that guys posting history and more than half his posts are suggesting AN products.....with no mention of him being a rep. Conflict of interests much?

Edit: Rob I tried to send you some 420 points but couldn't figure it out in my altered state of mind. I am going nominate you next month for member of the month though, try to get you some free shit :)

Back
Top Bottom