Help out a girl with first grow!

Kayla21

so ive been doing ALOT of research this week, probably adding up to about 2-3 hours a day with 30-45 minute periods. So let me start off with saying this is my first grow and im looking for best possible yield for my double closet.

so i went to the hydroponic store to start bullshiting the guy about wanting to grow herbs and vegetables, i then broke and confessed to what i ACTUALLY wanted to grow lol he says he gets that very often

this is what my setup consists of ( just not setup yet lol)

so i got :

1000w emporer hps light
1000w ballast
rock wool dome for cloning
grow tent
two t5's
power outlet timer
thermometer
ph testing solution
and also all the chemicals i need . . . so i think for now. Just a bunch of pH down, bud candy, pro grow, soil, flower pots, you get what im saying

so down to my double closet , its 2ft deep - 8ft long - 10ft tall

now what im worried about is will my 1000w light cover the 8ft long? the walls will be covered with most desirable reflective material.

I am this point just purchased 5 white rhino green house seeds from a local shop, money is not an issue to get this setup going. I gave been doing plenty of research and speaking with many experienced people about my yield expectations. Saying i should get 3 more white rhino/widows to yield 1.5 - 2lbs is this possible? and should i be concerned about heat or the 8ft long closet?

thanks guys im just a new girlie learning the ropes here :cheer:

1000 watt hps will cover a five by five area. You can grow nice ass buds with a g of hps. But 8 feet may be pushin it..i use a six hundrdd and a four hundred hps in a five by five..the only reason I even got the six is power consumption. You could probably grow a huge jungle in your spot with that light..in my gallery I have pixs of what just my six hundred did. Im adding the 400 for flowering..

so i should be alright for 5 white rhino + 3 white widow making that each plant 1ft/ea from left to right of closet, will the 1k distribute light properly across them with appropriate reflective material? and our my 1.5 - 2lb given estimates realistic?

thanks, K

I dont use any ducting..i cant figure how to get pix up in threads, but theres pics in my gallery of my light...a reflector is like so so so important I cant even stress that enough . I hadnt used filtering cuz I own my house but now I need to I have kids and the smell permeates everything. .is the closet freestanding? ..if you have the ballast outside the closet itll cut down on a lot of heat..your gonna need fans I allways have a fan blowing right at the tops of the plants , I am able to get the lights closer cuz it blows away the heat, or cools it or whatever..

yeah i looked at your gallery , my friend said i need one but not for about another few weeks atleast but i will be getting one shortly , fans and what not i will be getting them probably at the same time as the reflector, im just hoping someone knows if the 1.5 - 2lb estimates ive been recieving are accurate and if light will cover the 8x2x10 (length/width/height) not too concerned with cooling and ducting at this point

With five gallon buckets using promix , wormcastings, perlite and bat guano . I transplant two wk old seelings into it and put em under the lights. When the plants show deffinite maturity , usually around twenty to twenty five days of veg theyre ready to flower under the six and four , each plant brings a qp some more some less.

The light shojld never go above five feet id say if you want to get the most outof the light...even canopy and a close light are key..if I had 8ft across I personally would have gotten 2 600s..they give off just as much light and one per four ft would rule.

Wow your going to need some ventilation. Air moving and cycling for freshness is important! It's gonna be so hot in that closet! What about your filtering? What exhaust fan are you going to use? I'll be checking this one out! You shouldn't be concerned anything about yield on your first grow! Just set it up right and you'll be rewarded!

im just hoping someone knows if the 1.5 - 2lb estimates ive been recieving are accurate

Many well-experianced growers can achieve a gram-per-watt of yield. However, that takes many grows and lots of experiance. If you yielded .5 gpw, that would be a very good first grow....

Also, considerventilation, white widow frikkin reaks...not even bad during veg, but when the flower they smell, and they are wayyyy worse right acter you chop em for some reason..way worse ..those plantd will stink out a three floor house...unless you live in the woods with no one around

yeah i have not got a venitilation setup yet not a filter, i hope i can keep the temps down with appropriate fans. since i havnt purchased these items yet anyone have reputable recomendations?

I went for the can fan and the max fan...i bought this brand because ive heard alot about cheaper ones not working because its either low quality or the carbons not packed right..one thing about lites is, floros give off no heat, hps are not too bad...and the metal halides burn like the sun..i personaly only will use hps lamps..bbest for flowering, you can veg under any of these three..for the thirty pound can, the fan and a six inch flangeit cost me three bills ..

yeah the hydroponic store i deal with the owner said he will hook me up with whatevers needed, so how do i hookup ventilation so its not noticeable from on lookers outdoors?

Back
Top Bottom