First Grow Ever Questions - Setup

InEXPGrower

Hello Everyone,

This is going to be my first closet grow and my first grow ever and I am very excited. :cheer:

What I need help with:

I have bag seed or im thinking about buying Candyland Seeds from a sponsor? Are the sponsor sites reliable even shipping to the U.S. illegally?

I have lined my 3' x 8' closet with Styrofoam with a Mylar cover on it. (Is this going to be enough space?)

I am also on a budget, I would love to keep my first grow under 350$ (not including seeds)

Could I get recommendations on Soil as well as lighting? I found 1000w or a 400w HPS setup on amazon:

81Da05GGfqL_SL1500_.jpg

:thanks:

Re: First Grow ever questions/Setup

For my first grow i used bag seeds, never did that mistake again-:) a total waste of time and money.
I think sponsors are reliable, but i only use alibongo.
A 1000w can light up 1.4*1.4 meter space(around 4'*4')
Be careful about heat, 1000w creates massive heat.(2*600w will create less heat and more light)
I make my own soil mix as where i live no decent premix can be found and im always running ~50 plants, 5 gal pot, equals ~250 gal soil which will attract attention if bought by postal services.
Any mix with no slow release agent, light weight, aerated and preferably containing some kind of ph buffer will do the job.
Btw in your space i dont recommend planting more than 3 plants.
Good luck and enjoy the journey :)

With a space that size & being on a budget would more likely require 2 lights etc to cover the area effectively 2 x 600w will do just nicely, 2 x 400w will be ok tho.

More likely looking at a single light set up plus you will need to think about ventilation like exhaust fans for air flow & some ducting etc with in your budget as well.

Thank you for the advise! Do you know where I could get cheap lighting I found 1000w setup on amazon for 220 and was planning on taking advantage of there warranty and replacing my 1000w bulbs free after every grow. They also have a 400w for 145. I cant seem to find a 600 for anything near that price.

I was thinking about buying some THC BOMB Seeds or Berry Bomb (has anyone ordered seeds from them in the US?)

Re: First Grow ever questions/Setup

For my first grow i used bag seeds, never did that mistake again-:) a total waste of time and money.
I think sponsors are reliable, but i only use alibongo.
A 1000w can light up 1.4*1.4 meter space(around 4'*4')
Be careful about heat, 1000w creates massive heat.(2*600w will create less heat and more light)
I make my own soil mix as where i live no decent premix can be found and im always running ~50 plants, 5 gal pot, equals ~250 gal soil which will attract attention if bought by postal services.
Any mix with no slow release agent, light weight, aerated and preferably containing some kind of ph buffer will do the job.
Btw in your space i dont recommend planting more than 3 plants.
Good luck and enjoy the journey :)

If I wanted to purchase all my soil at my local home depot could you point me in the right direction with some links on some good things to mix up? I was wanting to spend 60$ or less on nutes is this to little? I do want to have big yields I would be very satisfied with 14-20 OZ between 4 plants.

I have decided I'm going to buy THC BOMB and Berry Bomb and I will get 2 Free Ice Bomb seeds.

Thank you!

Thank you for the advise! Do you know where I could get cheap lighting I found 1000w setup on amazon for 220 and was planning on taking advantage of there warranty and replacing my 1000w bulbs free after every grow. They also have a 400w for 145. I cant seem to find a 600 for anything near that price.

I was thinking about buying some THC BOMB Seeds or Berry Bomb (has anyone ordered seeds from them in the US?)

Er you are more likely not going to get warranty replacements on a HPS after the first use, i don't think any body would do that !

Most HPS have a life time span of 20.000 hours of use so over one year of constant use is 4320 hours Mmm quite a few years worth of use, how ever light quality doe's degrade effecting PAR / PPFD or effect light energy the bulb produces & most people in general replace their HPS once a year perhaps up to 18 months of constant use.

I would take a look at Sponsors : 42 MAGAZINE (R) - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking you might be able to find a grow store based in the US as most of the sponsors are US based even tho many seed banks are over sea's ! Buy Cannabis Seeds - Worldwide Delivery - Herbies Marijuana Seeds has an excellent reputation also a sponsor :thumb:

I've got a berry bomb by bomb seeds growing right now with some bud just started to cure it smells great with the hint of berry, ye got those from herbies (also get free seeds every order) but i don't live where you are as i'm the other side of pond still arrived in their normal stealth style.

Home depot sells the pro mix hp that is the best they have and would be great for you too. Look at thunder horticulture on amazon I got a 1000w digital ballast, air cooled hood, and a hortilux super hps for around 300 they have a 5 year warranty (not on the bulb) and so far have been great they also have a lot of other lights and you could probably find what you are looking for

Back
Top Bottom