Flowering in LED only a bad idea?

Difficult too say :thumb:

How ever they has been a large increase in LED grow journals over the last year so a little research of your own may benefit on the matter at hand !

But in my own opinion... a seasoned/experienced grower with LED can nearly match or even go further with LED than HPS when related to yield...

A novice is a total different question at hand ?

HPS & LED used together, Mmm i don't think i've seen any grow journals on that... but hanging distance of the 2 different sources are questionable & light foot print coverage...

Me i'm just a hps guy which i have not been suckered in to the whole LED thing just yet, i have my reason & it is called watch 'n' learn :thumb:

There are a couple, maybe just one journal with a hybrid set up, hps/led.... can't think of the journal but I'm sure there it's one... I know Ottawa Green started his last grow with hps then switched to led.

I think about a hybrid but like Fuzzy said I'm concerned with the footprint of each.

Good luck

This is from Alienpus' journal. He is growing with both LED and HPS and notices a significant difference in bud growth under the HPS.

Table one is coming along really well, still amazes me that 8 plants can grow from this:

IMG_134220.JPG

To this in seven weeks

IMG_164018.JPG

For the last 10 days the HPS has been outgrowing the LED by a lot, up until that point BUD growth was pretty much the same, although there were many differences between the plants themselves. In this picture the LED is in the foreground, note how buds get progressively larger as they transition to the HPS in the background.

IMG_163420.JPG

These buds are near the HPS much fatter

IMG_163716.JPG

The flowering tent is
Measures 98" wide x 54" deep x 78" tall. It's going to be in a basement that is 50degrees here in the winter time and 60 in summer
So heat admission is not too much of a issue w me. I just want to make sure I don't order two 1200watt led when I should of supplemented hps in, thanks guys!

That was the one, thanks Dan!

The flowering tent is
Measures 98" wide x 54" deep x 78" tall. It's going to be in a basement that is 50degrees here in the winter time and 60 in summer
So heat admission is not too much of a issue w me. I just want to make sure I don't order two 1200watt led when I should of supplemented hps in, thanks guys!

Whats good Kingskush, :peace:
If temps aren't an issue, I would get a 600w/ HPS/MH and pair it with a multi-band(10 or more) LED that pulls at least 250w to 350w from the wall. If yield is your goal it may be best to go w 2x 600w in your grow space.
I read the post above regarding one growers observations, but it doesn't say how many watts the lights are. Nor does the post provide the makes/models of each.
From the little bit i can see from the pic, it could be a MARS LED but which model I don't know.
Its likely the HPS is a 1k (or 600w) and the LED is a much lower powered unit and not fair for comparison to the HID.
There are so many growers on this site that have full blown LED Setups that surpass HID grows (Curso, Tasv, Govmentcheese...etc)
I grow in a hybrid setup and I love it. I feel like this is the best of both worlds. Take a peek in my grow and comment if you wish.
A lot of folks are foggy about comparisons between the 2 technologies and they are only focused on size of flowers. No one talks about resin production! Yet this is what gets us high. LED lights (I have a platinum p300) provide spectrums that are 100% usable by the plants this gets you density and resin output.
My opinion is this, if you are not a commercial grow dude, you would be well served by using both HID and LED together. Especially if temps and budget are high on the list. MY apologies for the ramble.:Namaste: :goodluck:

If temps aren't an issue, I would get a 600w/ HPS/MH and pair it with a multi-band(10 or more) LED that pulls at least 250w to 350w from the wall. If yield is your goal it may be best to go w 2x 600w in your grow space.
I read the post above regarding one growers observations, but it doesn't say how many watts the lights are. Nor does the post provide the makes/models of each.
From the little bit i can see from the pic, it could be a MARS LED but which model I don't know.
Its likely the HPS is a 1k (or 600w) and the LED is a much lower powered unit and not fair for comparison to the HID.
There are so many growers on this site that have full blown LED Setups that surpass HID grows (Curso, Tasv, Govmentcheese...etc)
I grow in a hybrid setup and I love it. I feel like this is the best of both worlds. Take a peek in my grow and comment if you wish.
A lot of folks are foggy about comparisons between the 2 technologies and they are only focused on size of flowers. No one talks about resin production! Yet this is what gets us high. LED lights (I have a platinum p300) provide spectrums that are 100% usable by the plants this gets you density and resin output.
My opinion is this, if you are not a commercial grow dude, you would be well served by using both HID and LED together. Especially if temps and budget are high on the list. MY apologies for the ramble.:Namaste: :goodluck:

From his journal

Lights: Root and seeds under CFL's
veg under 2X 430 son agro's
Flower 4X 1000hps Hortilux

From his journal
"Lights: Root and seeds under CFL's
Flower 4X 1000hps Hortilux"

So the plants were germed w/CFL, vegged w/430w HPS, and flowered under a 1k HPS.
Where is the information about the LED?
Whatever the specs of the LED are, they should be at least 500w to 750w of draw from the wall to be compared to a 1k HPS. Looks to me like the criticisms voiced by growers comparing HPS to LED need to compare comparable powered light sources.

The LED is nothing fancy it's a 1200W (875w draw) full PAR growboss covering 3' x 4', the Hps is 1000W hortilux covering the same. So at 8' wide with a 600w and a 350w LED, do they each cover 4 feet and then you swap them?

"Lights: Root and seeds under CFL's
Flower 4X 1000hps Hortilux"

So the plants were germed w/CFL, vegged w/430w HPS, and flowered under a 1k HPS.
Where is the information about the LED?
Whatever the specs of the LED are, they should be at least 500w to 750w of draw from the wall to be compared to a 1k HPS. Looks to me like the criticisms voiced by growers comparing HPS to LED need to compare comparable powered light sources.

There is no criticisms here, this just happens to be my experience with the lights side by side, a real life ordinary grower documented test. If you don't like the results ignore them.

Ye we all have opinions & that the understanding of the written context may be diverse to our own perception of such !

To our own understanding of such question at hand & in the nature of it ?

I would not conclude any form of bashing of what is said by such person as any info depending on how you understanding it may lead to further insight of knowledge & learned on such a subject...

Ye i've been here 3 years & if ya think i know it all... ya wrong :thumb:

Read, do some research, read some more, do a little bit growing & experimenting... time will tell & don't get spoon feed a load of bull :Namaste:

fuzzy Duck I need your help Please , can you send me a private message I can't I need 50 post first,,Its about the growboss led light thanks
Ye we all have opinions & that the understanding of the written context may be diverse to our own perception of such !

To our own understanding of such question at hand & in the nature of it ?

I would not conclude any form of bashing of what is said by such person as any info depending on how you understanding it may lead to further insight of knowledge & learned on such a subject...

Ye i've been here 3 years & if ya think i know it all... ya wrong :thumb:

Read, do some research, read some more, do a little bit growing & experimenting... time will tell & don't get spoon feed a load of bull :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom