Help people dwc grow gone baad!

mwarr777

HI PEEPS,WILL ADD A PIC AT THE END OF THIS,ITS IN CAPITALS AS ITS MAJOR URGENT.

About 40% of my leaves have turned to this(see pic) in just 2 days,DWC grow,canna aqua,boost,flores,with super thrive and nothing else,3rd week of flowering,PH is 5.8 . EC 1.9
have no idea whats going on,the temp is fine the water is fine the nutes are all canna range,not added anything else.help please..
Mark.

p.s cant upload pics just now need to work it out,its saying choose from your uploaded pics and i dont know where to upload them grrr..
any help would be appreciated with regard to uploading the pics.

my plants look bad,well my leaves do so until i can get them uploaded i will describe,
yellowing from the tips,aeround the edges leading to a green vein being all that is left through the centre of the leaves,looks like a potassium def i think but need to know for sure and how to correct it in this growing medium grrrr
plant is THC snow btw

re: Help people dwc grow gone baaaad!

Photo0291.jpg
worked it out here they are please help they are due to be fed in 1 hour ;-(
Photo02931.jpg

I know some of you on here are already experts on all things to do with growing,but this DWC grow is pecking my buzzing head so please help,would be very much appreciated,i am new on here ;-)
M.

What is your fertilisation schedule? How much are you using? Have they ever been flushed? How old are the plants? Were they grown from seed or clone?

any more info you can provide would be good.

Also, WELCOME :)

:Namaste:

I would guess that you have a deficiency in one of the following nutrients if most of the discolouration is on the new growth - Nitrogen, Potassium, Phosphorus, or Zink.

If it's on the old growth then you are most likely lacking in trace elements, or the secondary elements

Photo0291.jpg
worked it out here they are please help they are due to be fed in 1 hour ;-(
Photo02931.jpg

I know some of you on here are already experts on all things to do with growing,but this DWC grow is pecking my buzzing head so please help,would be very much appreciated,i am new on here ;-)
M.

Try some "Blackstrap" molasses. 1 Tbl per gal of water. Feed it every 3 days.
Along with the sugars is also has the Potassium & Calcium needed. It will not help much with Nitrogen or Phosphorus but it should help some.
I hope this helps!

Re: Help people dwc grow gone baaaad!

hey budman thanks for the replies,sorry i wasnt arouns,i waited until i had to deal with them..
OK i FIRST FLUSHED THEM AND LEFT THEM OVER NIGHT WITH PH 5.8 WATER AND JUST 10 ML OF RHIZOTONIC,THEN THE NEXT DAY AFTER I RE ADDED ALL KNEW NUTES,PH STILL 5.8 EC 1.9
AND ITS STILL HAPPENING,I AM THINKING OF ADDING SOME PK 13/14 AS I AM NOW THINKING ITS PHOS DEF.. WHAT DO U THINK??
AND TANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP ..;-)

thanks skinny chef too,will try the pk13/14 and see where i am in a few days,if getting nowhere i will try the molasses,as i need to do it one thing at a time so i can find the problem.;-)

would love some input regarding my outdoor grow too,(not yet started,about 2 more months yet) but it will be in a lush green garden with a couple of greenhouses,i want to know what would you lot do?? use the original soil??and just hoe and loosen and plant??
or use the real soil with added soil from say garden store?
or simply ignore the garden soil and just use all new bought soil??
if it helps this soil is in the middle of lush fertile farm land :p(the garden backs onto a farmers field lol
any help would be appreciated..

would love some input regarding my outdoor grow too,(not yet started,about 2 more months yet) but it will be in a lush green garden with a couple of greenhouses,i want to know what would you lot do?? use the original soil??and just hoe and loosen and plant??
or use the real soil with added soil from say garden store?
or simply ignore the garden soil and just use all new bought soil??
if it helps this soil is in the middle of lush fertile farm land :p(the garden backs onto a farmers field lol
any help would be appreciated..

If you can, test the pH of the soil and the decency of the drainage and they are sufficient then. I would recommend planting straight into the floor of the greenhouse for the best possible root system. Add in any bagged compost you may need to adjust the ph level and go from there :)

If not, just grow them in a greenhouse in pots, easier to move around and manage that way too :)

Ta for that..
I was thinking pretty much the same thing but so wasnt sure!!
i was thinking the soil looks great,and i am sure i could get most of the nutrients i need from it,certainly for about 6 weeks then i could just add a light feed to a water every 3/4 days,but it was the drainage too that had me wondering as the last thing i need is root rot or something,so was thinking dig maybe 12-18 inches deep turn the soil,hoe and rake it add some peat,or compost or even a lil sand and perlite.. but wasnt sure,think i just needed to see your plants and hear it from someone else too :p

Looks like yours are thriving even with the cold.. so my minds made up they are going into the ground,so any ideas and advice or thoughts regarding this would also be appreciated..cheers
peace..
oh and the DWC is becomming a nightmare now,as simply it was nit def and phos def together,so i added the new nutes with a very slight increase in ppm and they are burnt already.the problem with DWC i have found is it makes your plants uber sensitive,as teir roots are always in the water nutrient mix,burn and def are all to prolific.. never again with canna anyway..:p
peace.

Back
Top Bottom