Plant won't start flowering

valuk89

Hello, I have a problem with 1 of my plants as it just won't start to flower. It has preflowers and as far as I could see no pollen sacks.
The other one is in flowering phase for around 3 weeks and is doing just fine. They are next to each other so light can't be the problem.
What could it be? I'd appreciate all help.
Here are the pics.
20160827_091336.jpg

20160903_095838.jpg
20160903_095846.jpg
20160903_100003.jpg

Hi Valuk. What strains are you growing? Could just be that one starts later.

Also, I found that even a few feet can make a difference. I've had a hell of a time finding spot in my yard that doesn't get stray light from somewhere at night. Dozens of lights Finally found the right spot. Ironically it was where I stuck a male plant to get it out of the way.

I'm far from expert but looks like she's just starting. Problem may be solved by the time we hear from the real experts.

Good luck and welcome.

Thanks for your reply.
Both plants are GHS White widow. I can say that this plant has been "starting" to flower at the same time as the other one and is producing no buds. I changed their position with one another about 10 days ago to test if there is some light leak. They are in a remote place tough where shouldn't be a lot of light in the night.

Thanks for your reply.
Both plants are GHS White widow. I can say that this plant has been "starting" to flower at the same time as the other one and is producing no buds. I changed their position with one another about 10 days ago to test if there is some light leak. They are in a remote place tough where shouldn't be a lot of light in the night.

I was just talking to another member about White Widow..He said too it is a slow strain... so it this case.. It has to do with the breed.
Some heritage carried from a slow ancestor?

I'm at 46° latitude continental Europe.

Here are the pics of them

The flowering one
20160903_095505.jpg

The rebellious one
20160903_095534.jpg

Very odd. If they are the same strain and under the same environment, I'm at a loss to explain it.
I suppose two different phenotypes could vary a considerable amount. I'd keep the faith and give it more time.
It seems there are a lot of late bloomers this year. I have a couple of Liberty Haze plants that have been pre-flowering for about a month. Neither one has yet fully bloomed. They are supposed to finish in mid-October, but these will go into November if the weather holds.
:goodluck:

Finally the plant started to show early buds. It seems she was disturbed by some light during the night and since I changed her spot she started blooming. (I'm not at the spot every day -mostly weekly) The other one is doing great next to her. I moved them both a bit more to the other end of the balcony so none of them are on the spot where the problematic plant was when she had problem blooming. Thanks guys for your help.

Here are pics from today:

Here's the plant in question
20160908_122723.jpg

20160908_122642.jpg

And the normally flowering one:
20160908_122443.jpg
20160908_122544.jpg

White widow is a 50/50 hybrid so you'll get phenos that are very indica dominate and others that are very sativa dominate so there will be some variation in flowing time. The late one doesn't look overly sativa though. It sounds like it's more of a lighting issue from what you've found. Good luck in your grow.

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.

It is on a balcony..so a dark curtain tent is not impossible...

True. Nothing is impossible, but with a tent/curtain arrangement, you need to be there the same time every day to open or close it.

Back
Top Bottom