Help please cabinet 600 watt

Yully

Hi guys i am gonna take Fat Joes advice and go and build a cabinet but am wondering will a 600 watt be ok for the heat for the size am building will give u list of all my equipment

600 Watt Hps
4 FAN COOLERs 3.5 intake and outake 2 at top 2 at bottom
1 X 5 125MM CARBON FILTER 100mm RVK Extraction Fan
1 big fan for the plants

Size of room
Height 5.0 ft

Depth 1.5 ft

Length 3.6 ft

Any information will be appreciated and any different ideas will be nice aswell thanks alot

i think its 80mm or its 92mm
Speed - 4000 rpm (1 unit)
Air Flow - 36CFM (1 unit)
BIG FAn is 16 inch i think aswell

its cause i have found a very good deal for 2 600 watt and other stuff for £80 but if u really think i should go down to a 400 watt i will

I think your going to have a hard time keeping that small of an area cool. 400 or 600. If your cab is in a bedroom or something your going to heat up that air too. Do you have a sealed reflector for that light? If so you can port the air off the light outside the area better. I had a 400 heat up a 10X6 area to 97F overnight when I was sleeping. That was with 2 - 16" fans going! They was just blowing around the HOT air. I had to go to ducting and port the light air outside the area and bring in new cooler air from another area. I now have it to a daytime temp of 83F but you'll be surprized at how fast things get HOT.

Listen to what some of the GROW MODs have to say.

heat rises Joe, if he has the exhaust fans blowing out even without an intake he should be ok for heat, i used a 400 watt hps in a 4 by 4 closet and it needed ventilation so i cut a hole in the wall of the closet up near the top and installed a cheap 30 dollar blower and i bought some tubing and rigged it into the same duct work that already was in the apartment, the smell went somewhere but there is no way of tracing it back when your in an apartment and only using 400 watts

am gonna b using a 400 watt instead now fat joe i gott let the 600 watt go :( less bud i kno but i can allways still use my 200 watt CFL for the lower buds to get a bit fatter and thanks for help

Less bud, unless you scrog...

hey was just wonderin ill be using a 400 watt instead of the 600 and going for 4 dual exhaust fans will i need a cool tube or do u think 8 exhuast fans will keep the temperture down thanks

Yep, many ways to go about it. You're gonna need fans and air.

I sat here for 30 minutes now. Typing. Then stopping. Then saying, Nope, that's not going to work.... Over and over.

Grow Mods, I tip my hat to you. It's hard trying to help people. Then you're not there and you don't know what they're REALLY working with.

+REPS for all Grow Mods. I don't know how to do it yet so maybe you can still help me with that.

why are you going with such a small foot print ?
why not make it a 3X5x5 it might be easyer......
are yo doing a scrog? with the pot and the light in there you have limitid space to work with.

if you Have to use such a small space with a 400 watt you gona need to bump you fans up to a higher cfm 100+ like boss sugjested...
dont know if that helps any good luck

Back
Top Bottom