Help...Please...Timer Blew Out 2 Weeks Before Harvest

widowmaker660

Hello friends... My power went out and I didn't realize for bout a week that my timer was fried so my lights stayed on for 24 hours. This happened 2 weeks prior to harvest. I noticed when my babies seemed to be vegging again and I was baffled. I have since installed a new timer with batt backup. Its been a week now and they seemed to have gotten fatter and are sprouting new white pistils everywhere. What does this mean...is my harvest ruined...should I harvest now or wait and if so how long?

I am no expert...but if it was me being so close I would 12/12 till tricomes are ready then harvest,even if they start to hermie you are so close seeds won't have time to mature
Good luck

Thank you...will def do that. Unfortunately I have another 15 plants that were also affected and they were only in week 2-3 of flower. The only thing I can see were the top colas of 3 plants got burned and even now pistils started coming out if the burned tops. The rest all look excellent but Wat do I know lol. I considered clipping The burned tops off but wasn't sure. I have topped all these plants twice and I got pistils everywhere so I don't think it would hurt but not sure. I will post pics tomorrow.

I'd keep a close on your ladies and make sure they stay that way. When I light/heat stressed my ladies early in flower, a couple of them started to hermie but it was only one stamen hidden below a pre-bud, very difficuly to find. I spent ~2 weeks constantly and thoroughly checking my ladies and removed 15-20 stamens. Once I lowered lighting levels, they, luckily, reverted to being full on females and I never had another occurance.

Wow, that's exactly how the tops of 4 of my plants look. That's when I noticed the prob with the timer. So what should I do? Im gonna post pics, so if I leave them won't the tricomes in the existing buds get weak and lose potency?. My buds already look like mini Xmas trees, I just don't want to make them worthless lol.what's crazy is I harvested one plant almost 3 weeks ago, hung it for 2 days and vacuum sealed the buds in a mason jar, I only yielded 10 grams but it was some of the best tasting potent widow I've smoked in years. The remaining plants have doubled since then and like I said look like mini Xmas trees. I'm color blind so its hard for me to see the amber color of the tricomes all just look very milky.

Ok here we go after the timer issue, pic 1 & 2 are 3 plants harvested and drying. Pic 3 & 4 started sprouting whities again so not sure how long to wait and Pic 5 is my next batch seeming to do well considering the timer issue. Any thoughts would be great.

20131216_172425.jpg
20131216_172330.jpg
20131216_172526.jpg
20131216_172516.jpg
20131216_172501.jpg

Nice plants though it kinda looks like you have something going on. Is the white spots on the leaves PM or do you foliar feed?

I don't understand, what do u mean by PM and what's foliar feeding lol. Its my first ever grow. The white stuff happened after i sprayed the plants with their feed, I think the lights dried the liquid too fast and left some potassium residue, it rubbed off and tasted a lil salty. At first I thought it was some kind of mold but under my loupe it was clear it wasn't. Today I ended up harvesting it all cause I noticed seed pods growing from the timer screwup and I didn't want to lose the crop. All that's left is the next batch that's flowering which is the last pic and they seem to be doing perfect. I will be watching them daily to make sure none become Hermie's. This timer crap really has me stressed lol. I out allot of effort into that first grow and the bud so far is simply amazing, smell, taste and look. I'm sure this next batch is gonna be even better now that I have a more intimate understanding of what to do. I only netted 3 ounces dried from the 13 plants I first planted. I'm sure this next batch should easily double that now that I know how it all should look.

Back
Top Bottom