Help preparing/timing clones for summer outdoor

Sweetgreen

Hey all...Just trying to prepare for my first outdoor party this coming summer, and I'm not sure how to properly time and set up my mother plants so I can get the right amount of clones at the right time to plant outside.

Ideally I'm thinking of having 5 different sites with 10 plants each. So I'm going to need 50 clones. I'm going to start from seeds for my mothers.

How will this go down? How many initial seeds should I start? How many mothers will I need to be able to cut 50 clones at the same time?

I haven't decided on strain yet and there are 2 potential different climates. I'll be preferably utilizing both climates. One will be Pacific Northwest coastal area(wetter), and the other will be the interior(dryer).

Any tips or thoughts?

Thanks

good luck
rsz_1rsz_1733double_blue_420_mag_pic.jpg

LOL those are some great looking plants!! But I'm not sure how those are supposed to help me here....but thanks anyways

if you want 50 clones from mother you start from clones you might want to start soon i would want 10 mothers cut 5 clones from each mother but starting from seed you will have to veg seedling for awhile clone them then flower them to sex them after the clones show you their sex you know your mothers are girls this all will take some time.i buy clones they are already sex female.:goodluck:
big_blue.JPG

Hey thanks for the tips! I knew time might be an issue, so I'm going to try as soon as I can to get some mothers going indoors.

Only problem is my indoor source needs to be stealth, so I don't have much room for many grow tents. I was hoping to use at most, 2 Secret Jardin DR80's (31.5" x 31.5" x 63"). Apparently they can grow 4 nice plants, and I'm really hoping 4 mothers is all I'll need for 50 clones at once. But if that's not going to work, then I can probably do another DR80, but that'll be about it.

As for numbers, I think shooting for 50 is the most I'd want, and that's taking into consideration that I might not get all 50 planted, or that not all 50 will give me bud, or not every site is going to work out. Plus I figure each site is it's own trip to plant, and 10 plants per trip isn't too much stress. Also my vehicle may only have a 3' height restriction on my plants for transport, I still need to measure.

I was hoping to buy 1 bag of seeds(10seeds), pick the best females from what sprouts, then depending on how many females I get, turn those into mothers and/or clone those to make more mothers. From one bag of 10 seeds, I'd hope for 4-6 females, and hopefully those could work as my mothers?

As for lighting I was hoping to put HTG's Tek 4 T5(220w 20,000lumen, 24"x24"x4") per tent. Apparently people love them for veg, and it's a great fit for the tent I think.

I have none of the equipment yet, so I'm all open to suggestions.

Thanks again for your help!

If you have your seeds start them now. If not you might consider getting clones instead to cut down on your time.

I usually veg seedlings for around 4 to 6 wks befor I transplant either to outdoor or my indoor grow.
the seeds will take about anywhere from 6 weeks to 2 mo. befor they are sturdy enough to handle it on their own outdoors. ( or be used for moms ).

I've taken clones from 6 week old babies befor, with good results.

Around here Outdoor plants go in the ground around may1 to may 15. do the math backwards to see where you are in relation to your area.

seeds to teens = 6 weeks to 8 weeks
clones to root ( transplant to individual pots ) = 3 to 4 weeks
clones to teens ( after re-potting ) 4 to 6 weeks

figure on an extra 3 to 8 weeks from seed

The time is comming soon.last year i had though i had it timed out just right.But the clones i cut didnt take? had to cut 2nd batch and didnt get as many out like i planed.so this year iam starting extra early.
train_wreck2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom