Help - seeds just sprouted!

kimchikush

Here are my babies just sprouted today. My question is about the dirt/watering.
The dirt is drying up from the top, when would be a good time to water? or in my case maybe misting?
or should i just leave it be?
IMG_44302.jpg
IMG_44294.jpg

heres a picture of the dirt without the metal halide
IMG_44246.jpg

/e also i didnt cover the seeds when i planted them enough so it looks like a huge crater where its sprouting..
what to do? leave it be or should i lightly cover it

I'd cover the seed up for now since you really want the roots to be in darkness. Don't water much at this point or you might drown the seed, misting is fine but let it dry out between mistings. In order to tell when to water it's easiest to just lift the pot and feel the weight. A wet pot will be drastically heavier than a dry one, even with pretty big plants.

Thanks for the replies guys, i actually mist them 2-3 times a day

heres where they are at right now the first sprouting looks awesome!
IMG_44396.jpg

I am worried about my 2nd sprouting, the seed shell was stuck at first and the cotyledons are stuck it looks like a bean sprout
also its a little stretchier than the first girl..
IMG_44406.jpg

Looks good to me ...just chill

yeah i decided to take a chill pill and let the girls do their thing :)
heres what they look like right now
IMG_44431.jpg

this was the seedling that was closed up looking like a bean sprout, the left side of the leaf looks like some sort of peeling from the seed

IMG_44425.jpg

sprouts are sitting at 1.5 inches and 2 inches (the seedling that was shut is a half inch taller)**** are these a good height for sprout?

Looks like a good height to me. If they stretch more just move the light a little closer but odds are they will be fine where they are. And be aware that if you leave water droplets on the leaves it might causes burns so just be careful there

Here are my babies just sprouted today. My question is about the dirt/watering.
The dirt is drying up from the top, when would be a good time to water? or in my case maybe misting?
or should i just leave it be?
IMG_44302.jpg
IMG_44294.jpg

heres a picture of the dirt without the metal halide
IMG_44246.jpg

/e also i didnt cover the seeds when i planted them enough so it looks like a huge crater where its sprouting..
what to do? leave it be or should i lightly cover it

NOTE:didnt read other comments so sorry if i mention the same! :)

When Seeds Are Now Sprouting Up,It Depends How Your Set-Up Is With Watering.Ex.If Hotter Conditions Like Lighting Etc..I Would Water Every Other Day And Light Mist Every 1-2 Days.I Grow My Plants With CFL. About 100-150W But Used 40W In Seedling,And Watered Every 3-4 Days.To Be Exact On When To Water Just Stick Your Finger In The Soil(NOT AROUND SEED)Outside Of Container,And If Its Dry Only To Your First Knuckle Right Above Fingernail Then Dont Water,If Dry Up To 2nd-3rd Knuckle Then Consider Watering.Or Simply Lift Your Pot Up To See If Its Light or Heavy Like Stealth Mentioned!(JUST READ HIS COMMENT :) Also Dont Worry About Covering The Plant's Sprout,Soon You Will Have To Transplant To Bigger Pot And Your Plant Will Be Taller And Roots Will Be Stronger!And You Can Add 1-2" Of Soil To New Pot If Plant Is Bad.

thank you everyone for your replies :Namaste:
im using 18/4 light cycle under 400w mh (3 feeet away atm) im around 78 degrees lights off and up to 83 degrees lights on.
oh yea i learned the hard way by sticking my finger near the plant and i moved it slightly.
i been misting around the root area every now and then when the dirt looks dried up (currently using 20% perlite/ 40% FFOF/ 40% FFLight WArrior.)
I am excited! as this is first grow :)

Back
Top Bottom