Help: Should I flush?

Cabeza

Hi,

I got this baby, early flower stage (around week 2). White Widow and outdoor on soil and perlite.

I believed I had a nitrogen deficiency. Lots of leaves were turning yellow and very fast. At that rate I though I would loose all the leaves!

So yesterday I watered with the 5-1-5, that I have been using throughout the veg cycle, as well as a bloom feed that is 2-5-8. Today I found leaves started clawing.

I don't know how serious this is or if I should try to rectify the situation, or just let it be.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I got a grow journal going for this plant as well: My grow journal - White Widow - Outdoor - 2019

Thank you.

Hi,

I got this baby, early flower stage (around week 2). White Widow and outdoor on soil and perlite.

I believed I had a nitrogen deficiency. Lots of leaves were turning yellow and very fast. At that rate I though I would loose all the leaves!

So yesterday I watered with the 5-1-5, that I have been using throughout the veg cycle, as well as a bloom feed that is 2-5-8. Today I found leaves started clawing.

I don't know how serious this is or if I should try to rectify the situation, or just let it be.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I got a grow journal going for this plant as well: My grow journal - White Widow - Outdoor - 2019

Thank you.
In flower the needs for Nitrogen diminish rapidly and phosphorus, potassium and calcium become the macro nutrients. Your plant was yellowing because you were still just supplying the 5-1-5.
So now you want to go with the bloom feed and put the veg feed away... it has served its purpose.
The leaf claw tells you that you gave too much. This could have two causes...
The traditional way to "feed" a plant in a container of soil is to feed one time, then water only the next, alternating throughout the grow. This gives the plant a chance to use up all of the nutes that were not used on the first pass and the nutes don't build up in the soil. If you are doing that already, then you simply gave too much... cut it in half and try next time to do better.
Should you flush? No... The plant is not reacting that strongly to what you did to have to take such drastic measures... just give water the next time (and dont call that a flush, because it isnt) and you should be fine.
I will check out your grow journal too!

Back
Top Bottom