Help, white things in soil

Kaldean

Hi people, I have a problem, I have just the odd one or 2 gnats about but noticed today that there are some little tiny white things crawling in the soil, don’t know if they are tiny gnats or what, I will add a couple of pics but ya can hardly make them out, iv ordered some perlite to cover the top of the soil but just a bit worried about these things, advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you

B5C2D421-42DE-4553-BFEB-6A000C3AFE3D.jpeg

835DFD9F-AFA0-4DBB-9077-FB8D00280531.jpeg

Yep probably spring tails hard to tell from pic.
Although its unusual to only see a couple spring tails, more like couple 1000.
If you're starting to get gnats then best to start combating them now because they're Iike gremlins crossed with tribbles they will multiply like crazy.
Get some BTI such as Gnatrol and water with it everytime you water for 3 weeks and take yellow sticky cards fold into a tent and place on top of soil.

Yep probably spring tails hard to tell from pic.
Although its unusual to only see a couple spring tails, more like couple 1000.
If you're starting to get gnats then best to start combating them now because they're Iike gremlins crossed with tribbles they will multiply like crazy.
Get some BTI such as Gnatrol and water with it everytime you water for 3 weeks and take yellow sticky cards fold into a tent and place on top of soil.
Thanks for the reply @Nunyabiz , and yeah the closer I look the more I see. Maybe iv caught them early, and iv tried to get that gnatrol but I can’t, I’m in the uk, I looked at some info and I was going to mix some neem oil , spray the soil, then cover the top of the soil with crushed perlite, would that be ok do you think ? And yeah I’m about to get the yellow sticky things for the gnats

You would be much better off getting some form of BTI.
If you can't get Gnatrol try mosquito dunks or microbelift, anything with BTI in it.
Yes @Nunyabiz , I can get mosquito dunks, found microbe-lift but not sure if that’s the thing, for aquariums I think it said, I will go with the dunks, do I crush them up and sprinkle on soil. Haven’t got a clue here :rofl:

Great, thank you very much @Nunyabiz , will do that as soon as possible, thank you for your help :thanks::thumb:
Hi @Nunyabiz i got the mosquito dunks, but ain’t sure with them, iv red to crush up and put a quarter of a dunk into a gallon of water, let soak for a day or 2 and then use that water for adding nutrients and watering my plants, is that correct ? And do I crumble another quarter over the soil ? And thank you for your help :thumb: :thanks:

Hi @Nunyabiz i got the mosquito dunks, but ain’t sure with them, iv red to crush up and put a quarter of a dunk into a gallon of water, let soak for a day or 2 and then use that water for adding nutrients and watering my plants, is that correct ? And do I crumble another quarter over the soil ? And thank you for your help :thumb: :thanks:
Correct, that should work fine and do it everytime you water for 3 weeks plus use the sticky traps to get the adults

Not to speak for Nunya -he is fully qualified and hopefully he will be online soon but quarter dunk should be good for at least 5 gallon bucket of water, They are made for ponds and shit like drainage ditches, swampy land - anywhere water stands.
Thank you @013 , nunyabiz got back aswell, just putting on me boxing gloves and going in for the kill lol, thank you :thumb::)

Back
Top Bottom