Help with a two-week seedling

pukpuk

420 Member
Hello there! First-time grow, need help, haven't found any certainty in the existing threads

Seed: Pineapple express auto
Substrate: Coco+perlite
Birthday (broke into seedling) April 22
First seven days — just gave some water with PH 5.5 — 6.0 (not everyday, not much)
After that introduced Cal-Mg and Bloom-Grow-Harvest (1/1/1 per liter from 7 days — 14 days. 2/2/2 from the second week) — also not everyday and not too much
LED-light (250W, not turnt on the maximum), humidifier (shows 80-90%), temperature is ok
I always check the PH when watering and it is between 5.5-6.0
There is no fan in the box yet, but I do leave holes for fresh airflow

As far as I understand the process, the conditions and the watering are ok. But something weird is happening with the seedling
Attached photos are from 29 April, 4 May, 5 May, 8 May, 9 May
Some weird process with the leaves started on May 8, its spreading and I can't understand what is going on
Please help — how can I understand the cause and prevent further problems?

I was given advise to water it closer to the roots (before that I was watering around). The last photo is done right after that. I was really careful (did it with a spoon) but apparently it didn't like it. I really want to save her but I can't understand shit. I also feel like that he is much smaller than other seedlings her age.
I have three more autoflowers that are behind her in age (were potted later). And I feel like they have the same thing going on (but leaves haven't started becoming white on the edges yet). May it be some sort of disease?

Thanks

april 29.png

may 4.png

may 5.png

may 8.png

may 9.png

after watering.png

Heya friend. Imo it clearly has not been watered . and. Not been ferted properly from the get go

Younguns are so demanding and require both done properly to get them thru the youngun stage

Search emilya watering techniques

Karma sent to the wee one

Hello pukpuk
Any reason you are feeding a seedling flowering and harvest nutes?
My mistake, thanks, unfortunately can't edit the original post. I use Micro-Gro-Bloom trio (from Advanced Nutrients) in the proportions suggested on the packaging for every week. As they are intended for coco grow I assumed it would be the safest option. Plus additional Cal-Mg

under fed i feel my friend.
And IF growings is right bad move.
Calmag/nutes ASAP as long as there the right ones.;)
I've seen different info (including on forums here), maybe you can advise me mate?
For coco is it better to differentiate between jus water (with appropriate PH) and water with nutes — or should I add nutes to every watering?

I've seen different info (including on forums here), maybe you can advise me mate?
For coco is it better to differentiate between jus water (with appropriate PH) and water with nutes — or should I add nutes to every watering?
I have never feed anything i have grown just water in coco my friend.
Took a while for me to get growing in soil out of my head many years ago.
Coco growers need to feed there girls every feed nutes and calmag.
I also dont feed every day only when needed.
For me thats when the coco just starts to dry.
In flower for me thats when coco becomes a drama feeding.
2 times a day maybe 3 depending on the ladies demands.
To keep them nice and happy and praying to the light.
Hope tht helps check my journals for when i introduce nutes.
From week one and i never stop no flush with just water at harvest.
Just dont feed for 36/48 hours then chop. ;)

First seven days — just gave some water with PH 5.5 — 6.0 (not everyday, not much)
I do not grow using hydroponic systems or methods and I have just started using coco coir added into my soil mixes. Since the hydro systems and methods and the materials used fascinate me I do read some of the msgs and yours caught my attention.

Your seedlings look under-fed and it starts to show in the first photo you provided and it continues to get worse.

I went to the Advanced Nutrients and found the 'Feed Charts' for their Micro-Gro-Bloom line of hydroponic nutrients. You need to follow the chart.

You mention that the plants "broke into seedling" on April 22. That is the start of Week 1 so that is when you begin to use the nutrients. On April 29th the plant is One Week Old so at that point you would start to use the nutrient amounts for Week 2. On May 6th the plant is 2 weeks old and you should start to use the amounts of nutrients for Week 3. Basically you are running one week behind the schedule provided by the company for the nutrient trio you are using.

I noticed that @Skunksta joined in and his suggestions look like what I understand is needed for growing in a coco coir based artificial soil mix.

Coco does not absorb water. The stuff looks wet because of water on the surface of every piece of coco coir. This means the stuff will dry out much faster than a natural soil and about 10 to 15 times faster than peat moss. This means watering more often and this could be everyday. This often means using enough to show the excess water coming out the drainage holes.

Since the coco coir mix does not absorb the water & nutrient solution this means that the mix is not storing any excess. The suggestion is to add nutrients to the water each time unless the instructions say otherwise. You could contact the company for more info on what to do.

The humidity level is wrong. The instrument might be broke or it was not calibrated right at the factory, especially if it is a digital. A thermometer is needed. The temperature and the humidity work together.

Change the feeding to match the chart and double check the humidity and temperatures and you should notice a change in your plants before long. Any major damage already done to the leaves will stay but the color and then the overall health of the plant will improve.

Change the feeding to match the chart and double check the humidity and temperatures and you should notice a change in your plants before long. Any major damage already done to the leaves will stay but the color and then the overall health of the plant will improve.
Thank you! Now everything is clear. My girls are already feeling better and started growing faster as I switched to what you've said. Big thanks

Back
Top Bottom