Help with anxiety from a certain sativa strain

From a recreational standpoint, I think a sativa really emphasizes the Cannabis culture. What I mean is, after the onset of prohibition and before the enlightened States allowed MMJ, it was a strictly illicit culture. Part of the allure of "pot" was that it was illegal. Part of the fun of harmless yet illegal activity is the thrill of doing something you're not supposed to be doing. You had to be covert and stealthy to stay safe. But on the other hand the affects were so profound that you felt like everyone knew you were high. The soaring energy unleashed inside your cells was uncontainable, screaming from your pores, sending your thoughts spiraling into deep chasms or flowing out to distant galaxies.

Now put these overwhelming feelings out in public, exposed to business men in suits with close cropped hair, or soccer moms and their herds of towheaded offspring pouring out of mini vans. Feel this awesome energy and do everyday things like talking to your neighbors or going to the bank. Hide the obvious symptoms and odors, and try to act normal. We used to call this "goofing". The strong physical feelings and euphoria, the knowledge of illicit activity, and the purposeful exposure to completely straight people can take you right to the very edge of excitement. Well not that edge, but it can be some of the best everyday fun you can have with your clothes on...in public...uh...with strangers around. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think a sativa strain is the best for goofing. Just keep that herd of horses that wants to burst from your chest under control.

This isn't for the faint of heart. It's a choice. If you're up to it, embrace it. Either way, use your own good judgement. :peace:

Mokoloko....

I do know that Sativas can tend to make you a little more paranoid. For me im cool with that if it happens. I learn to just sit back relax and enjoy it.

I also still think that this is all manifested by your subconscious. As humans we do that with many different situations. For example, some people have such a fear of needles that they actually hurt them 10x more than what it actually is. I think you might need a little easing into it...like cold water. If it takes a fat joint for you to get high or like a bowl pack maybe do about a quarter to a half of the amount. Then realize it isn't too bad and work yourself up to that point. Also maybe get a heavy indica...and mix with that sativa....makes ur bud go farther and might have a pretty cool effect. Let us know brother.

talty09 preciate the help. thanks to everyone. i think i got thru a little. so far no paranoia. ive been using the help ive gotten from here. im also using a vap now...trying out my new SSV.

Lucky on the vape. I am a poor college student. I pay 120 a quarter for exotics. So as you can see I am not going to spend 150 on a vape when i can buy bud with that money haha.

since i started using the volcano vaporizer, i consume half the bud i used to...
this means i have cut my med bill in half...
also eliminating tars and carcinogens from my body...
do the math and see if it works for you...;)

You definitely want Indica or Indica dominant strains! Sativa/Sativa dominant strains will make you paranoid. Hell, I didn't know that until about 4 years ago. I was reading an old High Times and there it was. Glad I ound it, I would recommend a 60/40 Indica Sativa blend if you like the effects of the sativa but don't want the paranoia.

haha I was just thinking "set and setting". Make sure you are in a comfortable environment(I'm really learning that this is VERY important), and aren't anxious/paranoid before you smoke. If you do get paranoid, just try to relax, play some video games, watch a movie, or eat some food. Anything to get your mind off the fact that you are paranoid.

If you are still paranoid, then you should definitely stick to indica. Why waste $$$ if you don't even enjoy the high?

If it were legal, would you be still paranoid? I mean...What are you paranoid about...getting caught?

Please make me understand what you are talking about???

Use in psychiatry:
More recently[1], the clinical use of the term has been used to describe delusions where the affected person believes they are being persecuted. Specifically, they have been defined as containing two central elements:

1)The individual thinks that harm is occurring, or is going to occur, to him or her.
2)The individual thinks that the persecutor has the intention to cause harm.
Paranoia is often associated with psychotic illnesses, sometimes schizophrenia, although attenuated features may be present in other primarily non-psychotic diagnoses, such as paranoid personality disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder. Paranoia can also be a side effect of medication or recreational drugs such as marijuana and particularly stimulants such as methamphetamine and crack cocaine. In the unrestricted use of the term, common paranoid delusions can include the belief that the person is being followed, poisoned or loved at a distance (often by a media figure or important person, a delusion known as erotomania or de Clerambault syndrome). Other common paranoid delusions include the belief that the person has an imaginary disease or parasitic infection (delusional parasitosis); that the person is on a special quest or has been chosen by God; that the person has had thoughts inserted or removed from conscious thought; or that the person's actions are being controlled by an external force. Therefore, in common usage, the term paranoid addresses a range of mental conditions, assumed by the use of the term to be of psychiatric origin, in which the subject is seen to generalize or project fears and anxieties onto the external world, particularly in the form of organized behavior focused on them. The syndrome is applied equally to powerful people like executives obsessed with takeover bids or political leaders convinced of plots against them, and to common people who believe for instance that shadowy agencies are operating against them.

man i know thiis sativa im burnin now makes my heart racy, also makes me think im forgetting to do something or like i just done something wrong and dont want anyone to find out, i hide from the phone when it rings thinking its bad news and i just wanna be left alone.... but if i smoke sativa with the gf i dont get like that, seems to me that it does really help to be in a more comfortable setting.... but i love my indicas, i feel more stoned from them and actually feel relaxed, but then sometimes all i want to do is sleep hehe

Hey bro i suffer from social anxiety, and i've experienced that ALOT when using weed especially for daytime use when i'm out.. i try not to think about it before i smoke, but it not that easy sometimes as people are different. when i get super paranoid/anxiety when smoking weed i actually open a dialog with myself, trying to calm myself down, and that helps in most cases. If not i actually write a sober note before a smoke to remind me, that it's all in your head. those techniques actually helped me out alot. i would'nt boycut sativa's, but work with yourself, because even tho they can make you paranoid ASF they can also just make your mind race and be inspired.
just remember when your high it's all in your head

Back
Top Bottom