Help with drying cannabis

Matto835

So I harvested 3 days ago and have the plants hanging in a dark tent with a fan going and good circulation, humidity is around 46% and tempreture 21 degrees celcius. I have noticed that the leaves are really dry and crispy but the branches aren't snapping yet just bending, what is the best way to tell if they have been drying long enough?

Just personal opinion, cause everyone has their own method-
I feel like your RH might be a little low, putting you at risk for over drying. At the point you’re at I usually put it all into paper bags while waiting for the stems to get a bit more brittle. You don’t want the stems to snap in two, rather just make a dry snapping noise when bent, so a few more days. But you are at a very important spot that if you overdry in the next few days, you’ll never get the flavor the bud intended.
Once I hear that snapping, it’s time for the glass jars, where you are more in control of the humidity immediately surrounding the buds, and can raise and lower by simply opening/closing those jars. Definitely cure your weed. The real taste you want won’t even be available for 4-6 weeks. I understand not wanting to wait, but it’s worth it.
There are some great methods presented all over this site, definitely give them a read. But meanwhile, don’t over dry!

Just personal opinion, cause everyone has their own method-
I feel like your RH might be a little low, putting you at risk for over drying. At the point you’re at I usually put it all into paper bags while waiting for the stems to get a bit more brittle. You don’t want the stems to snap in two, rather just make a dry snapping noise when bent, so a few more days. But you are at a very important spot that if you overdry in the next few days, you’ll never get the flavor the bud intended.
Once I hear that snapping, it’s time for the glass jars, where you are more in control of the humidity immediately surrounding the buds, and can raise and lower by simply opening/closing those jars. Definitely cure your weed. The real taste you want won’t even be available for 4-6 weeks. I understand not wanting to wait, but it’s worth it.
There are some great methods presented all over this site, definitely give them a read. But meanwhile, don’t over dry!
I totally agree with you on those points! Sorry for not being clear, yes when you here the snapping sound coming from the stems, and not literally snapping the stem in half, then its time for the jars! Grear valid points you made!!

Back
Top Bottom