Help With Plant Deficiency In Supersoil?

Believe it or not i never cook soil , i use the hot stuff bottom 2 thirds and lighter top third , i seem to get away with it ,
Its those large containers and the layers. Imagine though, the pH levels in some pockets of raw nutrient in that soil as it breaks down... the roots won't go to those spots! Cooking not only releases some of the nutrients into a usable form, but it gets all the high temp and high pH areas calmed down prior to the grow. Without the large containers for your roots to be able to hide in, you would probably be burning your grows to a crisp, even with the use of layers.

Looking back - since moving from the tent into the flower room I have gradually allowed temps to drift into cooler territory than normal... I can adjust them back into range.

Emilya do I need to add phosphorous?
plants do need large amounts of phosphorus... so it has to come from somewhere. Potassium and iron too... its all about the inputs.
I would always go by a well tested recipe when building a soil... it is way too easy to get one thing or another out of balance which could set you up for lockouts and deficiencies months later. I myself am not qualified to build a soil from scratch and would surely mess it up.

I would get a soil test done, to see where the deficiencies and excesses are, and then for the rest of this grow, I would feed them artificially and hopefully the soil is not going to produce lockouts.

Thank you Emilya! I divide time between 4 households caring for family etc. I may have left out some ingredients as I was trying to recite everything from head since my grow is always remote from me. I will dig in my book to compare notes against Coots and Oly Mountain recipes. Ok a soil test is no problem at all, I need to get those bins consistently right. Obviously for now I just want to get this girl back into health pronto whatever that takes. I suspect that between temps, water and deficiency this one has been creeping in slow but steady and finally it has bitten me in the hindquarters.

thank you so much for what you do here!!

In addition to Emilya I’d like to thank Nutty Professor!! The Professor is a very insightful gardener who brings much skin into the game. Thanks Nutty for all you do here!!!

Anyone and everyone still reading please throw down your input, don’t hold back if something jumps out at you, gimme both barrels....

Recalibrated my pen and checked water today. My well is hitting dead on 5.8 and after the stout msa and 15 minute wait it comes to 6.6 At first I was kinda freaking out cuz I hate the whole checking ph in a soil grow thang but glad its not too far out of whack, now I just hope the plants will see it that way.

I know there is Mulders chart, but I was busy checking out Scullys ass.... ok come on people - give me something to work with?? Please tip your servers - I”ll be here all nite!

don’t think this dude gets enough air time, think he’s having a seizure :headbanger: can somebody call, the emoji medics??

Ah flippity flip. Ok. I’ve got other tubs of soil too, but no worries I can add srp and recook those tubs. Can I hit her with bone meal or super phosphate to adjust for now? I’ve got a few basic nutes still like the cal-mag and most of the FF Big box ingredients too, I can hit with recharge later if necessary

What shall I do Doctor Em? Get out the 12 guage and send her onward?
super phosphate might help a bit... but I am afraid there is a lot more going on than just that, and by the time you add all of that stuff the roots are not going to like what is going on at all. Soil test, and then go from there. I would replant in the regular soil and go to traditional nutes while you readjust that supersoil

I’m def gonna try out the new geo flora dry amendment line. Agree that the supersoil needs testing and adjustment. I’m sure I’m forgetting a handful of items too. I remember it’s got tons of fine cut hair both human & dog varieties, that was for potential outdoor stealth purposes but fits anyway, plus soft-cal gypsum but yes lacking on magnesium inputs. Sheets of super thin rusted metal flake for the iron component, local forest myco, fine river sand, ash & biochar probably a few more too

Im sure there is more I’m missing, I’m stretched pretty thin lately with life stuff as many others all over are too.

Good / bad news is.... I did just find my hygrometer was off by 8 degrees so that’s a pretty big stab right there alone.

There is a few recipes for NO COOK super soils , just out of interest i looked it up , there is a lot of people that do it , some people fill their pots after cooking and rinse with fresh water just to clear the hotness from the centre
If you think about it i am not watering the full pot im watering out in a ring breaking the soil in as i go , im not flushing out nutes , just given enough for the plant to live i suppose , i hope it works the same in the coco mix , i might just drop one cbd seedling in there encase i burn the living daylights out of them LOL !!! :rofl:
Ill pm a recipe to you :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom