Help worms on plant

dickychuck

I live in Riverside county of Southern California. I was looking at my plants that I have growing in pots outside, and found a small green worm about a half inch long crawling up the stem to the top of the plant. Has anyone else seen this and know how I can prevent them?

I live not to far from there and had the same issue with them last year. I believe they are catapillars. They will munch on the leaves but shouldnt harm the bud. I believe the only way to get them off is to just pick them off by hand which is what i did but someone else with more experience here may know better.

Snag some BT and that will take care of them.

BT=Bacillus Thuringiensis It will lock up the worms gut when ingested and kill them. Not harmful to anything else.

I get the concentrate, but it is sold under many labels, DIPEL is one.

DD

Snag some BT and that will take care of them.

BT=Bacillus Thuringiensis It will lock up the worms gut when ingested and kill them. Not harmful to anything else.

I get the concentrate, but it is sold under many labels, DIPEL is one.

DD

Nice. I think neem oil will work too. It seems to work for everything in my experience.

Just add a little neem oil in a spray bottle of water and douse your plants. Maybe the caterpillars won't be able to climb up anymore. LOL

Or BT works.

hopefully your pest prob will be over soon. Doesn't sound like they're hurting your plants though, are they?

Yeah i agree, the bigger ones can be plucked off but the really small ones (often have red heads) tend to require the neem treatment. I personally use this stuff called Tanglefoot, its like a organic sticky trap that you apply directly on the stem, works best at the base. Stops the worms and virtually all the other crawling bastards as well, cheers and happy growing.

Back
Top Bottom