Worms in soil from castings?

I feel you man well I gotta say you have a nice setup thanks for the pics I'm gonna head in that direction sometime I'm in the process of getting a chicken coop set up then I gotta get another bin set up to do the chicken poop and sawdust I'm researching it now because of the ammonium content in the excrement it needs to be really precomposted good you got any experience with this I'm ALWAYS looking for experienced advice I'm re reading the worm farmers hand book but I like first hand knowledge as well ✌️ Ron

Glad it's working for you! I didn't have any luck with that not wet enough all though they did congrigate by my Blu mat soakers but I went I went this direction instead I have All the castings I need when I need them and I get rid of all my garbage so it doesn't end up in the landfill and I'm taking trash and making black gold I just seem to think it's a better environment for my friends that's all✌️

IMG_20230205_130447.jpg

IMG_20230206_082527.jpg

Plenty of food for them to eat and they create lots of fresh castings daily.
They look fat and healthy!!!! Unlike myself...just fat!!!! :hmmmm: :thedoubletake:
PS - I just finished my "Winter Hash Tumbler... you guys are getting the first peek!!!!!
I am finding a new fondness for hash!!!! I ran a bunch of last years crappy weed - guess what - NOT SO CRAPPY!!!! I made a shaker box but Jeez that was a lot of work so I probably didn't shake as long as I should have. This thing just tumbles along - no effort - now for another day of -25 C and I'll run it thru again and see what was left!!! :battingeyelashes: :battingeyelashes::thedoubletake:
DSC05746.JPG

I never screen my castings. The pots get what they get, worms and all, and eventually get reprocessed through the worm farm again when the growing is done. My entire system is one big revolving worm farm. My seedlings in solo cups at 12-14 days get uppotted and they all have live worms in them.
20230128_142334.jpg

This is a tomato seedling but its the same soil as the weed gets. Better there cycling calcium than back in the bin with 9 million others I think.

IMG_1603.JPG

Live castings in my lettuce cups😎

It all gets recycled through the worm farm again eventually so this is how I grow my herd.

Every plant in my house except my orchids and my meat eaters get live fresh EWC regularly.

I never screen my castings.
I'm sure that is just as good as anything!!! I just get bored and want to built "Marvelous New Inventions"!! :thedoubletake: :battingeyelashes:
I just like how the screened stuff looks and feels. I'm not sure why - I think I'm just a complicated man!!!:thedoubletake:

The hash sifter is the big machine right?🤣🤣🤣
It's pretty big to me!!!!! :rofl: Now, was I high???? Weeeell, I can't guarantee that no highness was involved!!!!! When I am trying to think of a good way to do something I find that a bit of weed can get my creative juices going - but - it's really hard to control where my mind goes and when it will come back!!!:hmmmm::thedoubletake:

This is what's recommended in the book 1/8" and I tried to a smaller micron mesh (like a screen door mesh) and yeah that's as fine as I can go otherwise it's REALLY A LOT of shakin goin on I usually run it through the round one onto the square one but I'm eventually going to get building one like you got well as I grow I'm thinking about taking it up as a business venture castings and worms for sale Brenda Sherman The worm farmers hand book it's a GOOD read!
IMG_20230207_172023.jpg

This is what's recommended in the book 1/8" and I tried to a smaller micron mesh (like a screen door mesh) and yeah that's as fine as I can go otherwise it's REALLY A LOT of shakin goin on
Hold on!!! Are we talking about worm casting or weed?????
Weed - Silk Screen Mesh
Compost - 1/4" steel mesh
Oh Man - you'd be doing a whole lot o' shakin' trying to get compost thru silk screen!!! :thedoubletake:

Back
Top Bottom