Help

Seriously 24 / 0 is great for a few days after germination or during cloning, but other then that it kind of sucks in my opinion. Your babies need a dark cycle to grow. This is the time when they take all their stored energy from the light cycle. They matobalize all of that energy and transfer it into growth. A dark cycle is huge to good healthy growth. I simply can't stress that enough. Cut back to 18 / 6 or 16 / 8 and watch your growth explode. You might also need more lumens but I wouldn't know that with out pictures or a better description of your growth area.

If you plan on flowering soon then switch back your lights to the above description asap. Then when your ready to flower goto 12 / 12. Your plant is going to stretch at first during flowering so shes going to get much taller in a hurry.

im usin g 125w blue cfl 6400 k at the moment and iam growing blue cheese , i have a friend that grew it ( i actually got the seed from him ) and it did not stretch that much at all when flowered and suddenly going from 24/0 to 18/6 wont stress my girl will it and im jus wondering if you could help ive got rusty little spots appearing on the outer edge of a couple of my top fan leaves and one of the tips has gone brown and crispy over night thanks

Usually CFL's dont burn the plants leaves. But with a 125w id say keep it at least 4 inches away (maybe more) and have a gentle breeze hitting her from time to time to keep her cool and have air circulation. I agree with AK GreenLover on this one, in nature, plants are accustomed to having a dark period through years of evolution. Taking away the dark period is not normal for the plants. So cutting back to 18/6 or 16/8 is a good move. 24/0 is nice for seedlings who need to make a load of energy until they produce a nice amount of leaves.

Rusty spots reminds me of Calcium deficiency, but check out this thread and look through the other ones too. Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

:goodluck: ;)

16/8 is NOT a real cannabis lighting circle but only a typo that made it into a "urban legend". 18/6 is the way to go. 24/0 is for autoflowers only and will result in more hermies and shorter roots for regular seeds without ruderalis.

24/0 is a very good idea after repotting seedlings into the pot until they have 1 set of "real" sawed leaves. Then 18/6.

16/8 is NOT a real cannabis lighting circle but only a typo that made it into a "urban legend".

I guess I should explain how I used 16 / 8 in my grows back in the day.

Day 1 - 3 was 24 / 0 light. On the 4th day I started them on 18 / 6 for 18 - 20 days. After that i would switch them to 16 / 8 and start bloom nutes. I would run them for 7 days. At the end of 7 day they would get a 24 - 36 hour dark period. When they woke up from extended darkness I would start 12 / 12 till the end of flowering. They would get a dose of open sesame on their very first day in 12 / 12.

I really liked this schedule. I found that this was very effective and seemed to help early flower developement. On average before I used this method it would take 1 - 1 1/2 weeks to see the plants fully change from veg to flower. Now it happens in a matter of days. This means huge rewards as a final result once you crop.

Anyways sorry rambling hehe. Toke Toke Puff Puff. :tokin:

Just a quick tip on plant size, that lady you have there is going to at least double in height during flowering. So that 40cm plant will be at least 80cm. And if shes a sativa or a sativa heavy hybrid, she may triple in size. I don't know the size of your grow room so I don't want to see you vegging this baby to 80cm and then you end up with a 160cm monster that you can't handle. Hope this helps you out bro!

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom