Fast Harvest

joyjason

420 Member
Hello there, I am eager to speed up the time to harvest for my first grow. I have been running lights 12/12 from seedling. The plant is 40cm tall with fewer nodes. Have saw signs of flowering (I hope so) 4 days ago, as seen in the picture. I am wondering if I need to switch the (organic) nutes from nitrogen to potassium. Please do suggest any tips for quick harvesting (yield is not important at this time). Thanks.
WhatsApp Image 2023-01-09 at 4.30.16 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-01-09 at 4.30.18 PM.jpeg

Kinda cant rush a harvest.
Or speed things up.
If it says 8 weeks on the packet.
Its prob going to take those 8 weeks and more.
I would look into 6-8 week strains and prob indica and not sativa.
For fast turn arounds.
Now you could slow things down by not treating her right.
As for your organic question im sure someone will chime in.
I dont grow organic so no help there.
Hope to see more from you happy growing :)

Well it looks like you’ll yield about a joint with that plant if you’re lucky.. As far as nutrients.. If you’re running “organic” and trying to force the plant to your will you should reconsider organic, because you’re not benefitting at all from it and are only slowing yourself down. I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish and we also really can’t help very much with such limited information.

Potassium is important throughout the entire grow. It’s responsible for transpiration. This plant needs 17 elements and not one of them is any more important than the other. You could have the maximum amounts of all the elements but if you’re short on 1 that’s the only thing your plant cares about.

Now that I’ve chapped you a little bit I’ll answer your actual question. When in flower your plant wants increased amounts of P, and K, and less nitrogen to a certain point then none as you round the final corner to harvest. There’s multiple places you can cut corners and speed your grow up, but using organic nutrients kind of hinders you speed wise automatically unless you’re using organic acids as well.

Going forward, I would suggest looking into ways to speed your grow up that don’t involve starving your plant of light. Such as organic acids (fulvic, Humic, etc.), improved aeration for more water, CO2 to allow for increased everything. There’s more but I don’t want to hold your hand for you, you won’t learn just by following directions.

There’s an article floating web, not gonna link it here but you can giggle search on Clackamus Coots and malted barley.

Coots is credited with saying…. (fine ground) malted barley added to media, used as top dress or in conjunction with your watering regimen… will shave time off the length of flower cycle… or words to that effect.

but agree with above ^ nothing good happens fast in flower cycle

early flower huh?…. this is actually when 420 member BooWho2 both tops and transplants her autos. BRB. Ok heres link in green text below, you can read up or maybe even ask Boo if this sounds ok for your situation.
>>> BooWho2 journal

hope this helps

Have saw signs of flowering (I hope so) 4 days ago, as seen in the picture. I am wondering if I need to switch the (organic) nutes from nitrogen to potassium. Please do suggest any tips for quick harvesting (yield is not important at this time). Thanks.
Yep, it looks like the start of a flower bud. Judging on the size of the plant and that the lighting schedule is 12 on and 12 off I am wondering if this is an "autoflower". Let us know.

As for switching the nutrients to something different we have to know what you are using right now before we could take a stab at what to do next or make any suggestions.

Might not be a quantity harvest but it happens to most of us at one time or another.

i've done 12/12 grows. used to be common practice on sog and other other styles. you can start moving more p and k in to to your nute sched since you are in flower.

they won't feed as much as a larger plant, but you can move them to a late veg /early flower nute balance.

just gonna send a quick shout to @InTheShed so he can see a sexually mature plant flower by nodes 5 / 6 on 12 /12.

just gonna send a quick shout to @InTheShed so he can see a sexually mature plant flower by nodes 5 / 6 on 12 /12.

What’s the yield on something like that? I cant envision any more than a quarter ounce at very best.. Although some do stuff like this just to prove a point so I wouldn’t be surprised if an ounce can get pulled.. which under a sog could reach worthy proportions I guess

Your best bet is to plan on about 16 weeks total and fill the space you have with buds

16 weeks is your bare minimum you should expect in my experience. You’re automatically giving yourself a limiting factor with that as well. Obviously there’s some stand outs that will go sooner and some will go much longer but 16 will at least give you a chance to break even on your costs.

I quoted you Nun but I’m talking to OP, I read your journal, not sure I have anything to teach you 😂

Welcome to 420 @joyjason :ciao:

There isn't much you can do at this stage - the plant is what it is and will take as long as it takes

Not sure why there is a paucity of foliage/shoots, but it might be worth considering switching to coco for faster growing, more bushy plants

You can speed up finish time by changing your light schedule from 12/12 to 11/13 or even 10/14.
That strain would have benefited with a month of 18/6. Your yield would of been 5x as much.
Yep 1-2 added lighting hrs from start of flower can expedite finish a few days. That coupled with peak PPFD, CO2. point on environmental controls an proper trim/training throughout grow can push your plants to mature quickly.

Yep 1-2 added lighting hrs from start of flower can expedite finish a few days. That coupled with peak PPFD, CO2. point on environmental controls an proper trim/training throughout grow can push your plants to mature quickly.
11/13 and 10/14 =less light. Light times are expressed as on/off. Shorter days means winter is coming and the plant responds by finishing faster. 10/14 brings out sativa expressions in hybrids, because you are matching more of a tropical light schedule.

I suppose the training is done to produce more yield by increasing the vegetative time. Is that correct.

Yep, it looks like the start of a flower bud. Judging on the size of the plant and that the lighting schedule is 12 on and 12 off I am wondering if this is an "autoflower". Let us know.

As for switching the nutrients to something different we have to know what you are using right now before we could take a stab at what to do next or make any suggestions.

Might not be a quantity harvest but it happens to most of us at one time or another.
Its "cafe racer" autoflower strain. For the nutes, I am using groundnut cake, neem cake, liquid seaweed and molasses using them alternatively.

I suppose the training is done to produce more yield by increasing the vegetative time. Is that correct.
No really. The training is usually intended to make the plant grow in such a way that it fits into the space available and at the same time increase the number of dominant growing tips which is where the flower buds will develop. Properly done it should not increase the time the plant needs to recover. Most of the time we might not even notice any change in the rate of growth.

Some growers do increase the time their plants are in the vegetative stage to make it grow larger which gives them more stems and stalks to look at and think about training. But, training and vegetating time are not the same.

I am wondering if I need to switch the (organic) nutes from nitrogen to potassium.
You should consider doing this. The plant will still need Nitrogen, just not as much as before. The extra Potassium helps with flower development.

Please do suggest any tips for quick harvesting (yield is not important at this time).
The best tip is to be patient and wait for the plant to get where it wants to go. Not much that can be done to speed up the flowering time once it starts.

Back
Top Bottom