Help

re: Why are my plants dying?

Okay I no expert by no means but For now I would ony use one and raise it up they don't need that much light or water at that age.

re: Why are my plants dying?

is a 495 ppm too high?

When I have little girls like that I don't feed them but a little water every day for the first week or so then feed around 150 to 200 ppm. this is what works for me. things may be different for you.

8098ab4baeac21ba4fb488d7e1c4a3e3.jpg

is this root rot

They are far too wet. Why are you spraying them? You dont need to spray them ever.

You should have started your seedling in the root riot cube then transplanted to the system once it had rooted sufficiently. Why are there pebbles everywhere? You need to clean your space. Im guessing its a dwc set up right? Just let your cubes dry out then once they are dry top feed daily until tbe roots hot the res. But you only need to give them 50ml or so of liquid. Make sure your water is 65-69f any warmer and you will have problems with your roots.

Your ph isnt important at this point but when you start adding nutes you want to start it at 1.0ec/500ppm and ph of 5.5. When they go into flower bump the ph up to 5.8.

Your light is fine and not too close. Its only a 300w led. I often have seedlings under 600w hps bulbs.

Are the plants going to finish in that set up? If so its going to get really crowded. You only want 1 plant in that set up, 2 max. They will grow extremely fast when they root providing your water temps are correct.

Just saw that last pic. Your water temps are too high you have root rot. You need to run h2o2 through your res then after 2 days add double dose cannazym to clean the dead crap off roots. You need to get your water temps down. My advice is if you cant run a chiller and water temps are a problem just switch to coco. Its much simpler and more forgiving but will give hydroponic growth rates.

They are far too wet. Why are you spraying them? You dont need to spray them ever.

You should have started your seedling in the root riot cube then transplanted to the system once it had rooted sufficiently. Why are there pebbles everywhere? You need to clean your space. Im guessing its a dwc set up right? Just let your cubes dry out then once they are dry top feed daily until tbe roots hot the res. But you only need to give them 50ml or so of liquid. Make sure your water is 65-69f any warmer and you will have problems with your roots.

Your ph isnt important at this point but when you start adding nutes you want to start it at 1.0ec/500ppm and ph of 5.5. When they go into flower bump the ph up to 5.8.

Your light is fine and not too close. Its only a 300w led. I often have seedlings under 600w hps bulbs.

Are the plants going to finish in that set up? If so its going to get really crowded. You only want 1 plant in that set up, 2 max. They will grow extremely fast when they root providing your water temps are correct.

cf28f8c151238e092d65e9e2570bbc96.jpg

is it ok to top these now

Id let them grow a little first because they have problems with the roots. Give it a week and let them grow. If they look healthy and roots arwnt slimey top them then. If you fix the issues you have the plants will grow really fast so dont worry about being too fast to top them.

Next time try growining in coco coir. Its much simpler and more forgiving if errors occur. It will grow plants just as fast as it is still hydroponic growing.

Good luck.

Just saw that last pic. Your water temps are too high you have root rot. You need to run h2o2 through your res then after 2 days add double dose cannazym to clean the dead crap off roots. You need to get your water temps down. My advice is if you cant run a chiller and water temps are a problem just switch to coco. Its much simpler and more forgiving but will give hydroponic growth rates.
Hay man i have a similar prob with root rot on 1 of my dwc, for starters thank you been looking for advice to fix the prob.
I noted the air line had a prob which I fixed so now the environment is good, but I need to clean the rot that's still on there now with h2o2 or if I leave it would it naturally come off and fix herself???
Last question do u dissolve the h2o2 in water and or at what ratio do u find works best??
Sorry for all the questions I'm a noob and a bit ocd

I would fill a bucket with clean water and add h2o2 at double the recommended strength of the bottle. Just get liquid o2 or amy h2o2 from your hydro store. Then take the plant and dip the roots in and out of the water h2o2 mix and swill it around. Then have a 2nd bucket of plain water and rinse. Repeat this 2 or 3 times. It will kill any nasty pathogens and strips the slime off the roots. Then drain your res and take a spray bottle and fiĺ with water and h2o2 at double strength. Spray the pot and wipe it down . Submerge your airstones and air line in the h2o2 double strength solution also.

Now make a fresh nutrient mix, this will vary on age and size of plant but make it 1/2 to 3/4 the strength thay it should be. Add cannazym or sensizym at recommended doses if it was only a mild case of rot, for severe problems add double dose. This will break down any dead or dying organic material. Finally add great white white mycorrhizae powder generously to the rootzone and add Advanced nutrients voodoo juice to your res also. These beneficial microbes and fungi will help to rebuild the rootzone and innoculate the rootzone against further attack. If you want to add Roots excellurator to your res also that will help with new root growth.

DWC is a great and simple way to grow but is mwga important to keep everything clean. I prefer a living res over a sterile one. A living res will give much healthy plants and better end product and with the beneficai bacterià and fungi in there there is less space for bad stuff to colonize the res. Its also imperitive that water temps are controlled and maintained in the 65-69f range as this will give the best o2 absortion rate.

I hope this helps. If you continue to have troubles with dwc you could consider switching to using coco coir instead. Its a great medium to grow in and very simple.

Good luck.

does hydroguard work or orca?

Back
Top Bottom