Here come the buds. Now what?

The Holy Mackerel

I'm growing for the first time half a dozen female plants outside in clay pots. They are from AK-47 seeds I brought back from Amsterdam. They are healthy, the leaves are bigger than my hand and the buds are just starting to appear.

I need ACTUAL advice. My head is swimming from half-asses that tell me everything from piss on the plant to put clean egg shells in the soil for extra nutrients.

Look, I'm just looking for BIG buds and LESS stem. Pros, have at it.

Re: Here come the buds. Now what???

Hey man I'm no pro but you only really need advice if you have a problem and it doesn't sound like you have a problem at all. You even said it, "They are healthy." Good Luck!

Re: Here come the buds. Now what???

Hey man. Figured i would come by and lend a helping hand.

So here goes:

for veg you want to use nutes that are high in all 3 elements and this will be in all of your plant foods just different #s i will talk more about that in a sec.

Onto what you need to grow heathy buds.

Nitrogen - (N) Helps plants to be able to put down good roots and use the light to grow faster. (Do not use as much when flowering)

Phosphorus - (P) Is used for Photosinthusis, along with resperation aka letting the plant breath. This is also good for seedlings and will be best if used more during flowering. Build up the dose as much as you can till harvest. But also be sure to stop using nutes 2-3 weeks before harvest. The ladies will taste like crap if they are not removed. But that getting into a whole nother thing.

Potassium - (K) This will be used to help the plant store sugars and transfer then around the plant. Helps to make, very strong stems. This can be given through out the growing process but you want to cut back a bit on this as well.

You can also add perlite to the soil along with peat moss or vermiculite, I personaly like to use all 3 but they will do great things to help keep soil breathing and soft and fluffy for roots to grow.

I would suggest a 1/3 each per gallon. You can play around though and see what you get.

Perlitle: helps to make the soil fluffy and from clumping.

Peat moss: will help to hold water in the soil longer, also softer on the roots.

Vermiculite: Will help to balance everything out and add some texture to the soil.

All of these listed about have not nute value what so ever. They are only used to promote root groth.

Try to make sure that you get liquide nutes, there easier to keep an eye on.

Off the top of my head i would think of looking into some FOX FARM big bloom, Tiger bloom, ect. There are alot of web sites to find these things.

You should have a hidro store some where in your area that you may not know about. Take a look and see what you can find man. I love going into hidro stores and druling all over the lights, tents, fans, everything.

Well im dont rambling man. Hope this helps and get some pics up if you can. Would love to see the plants.

Good Luck!!! :grinjoint:

Don't add peat moss. As it breaks down it will affect PH. No need for vermiculite. It's main use is moisture retention which you don't need unless your watering daily to keep things going. Use a quality soil. I've seen PH issues with fox farm soils so I switched to organic roots 707 formula. So far I'm impressed.
Learn to read your plants. they will tell you if your using too much or not enough nutrients, which one they need and how well your doing.
Don't listen to idiots who tell you to pee on your plants or add egg shells unless you have no nutrients and are out of options. there are products out there that are made for these purposes and are more readily available for absorption by the plants. most natural remedies require time to break down before they become available and do no good.
Last but not least....don't try to fix what isn't broken. If your ladies are doing good don't screw with them.

Back
Top Bottom