Here's what i've got so far

Good advice Wacky. That's pretty much my same approach. I read, read, read and read some more and waffle between solutions. I decided months ago all I wanted to do was supply my own modest needs so went with this cab. Though it's large-ish cabinet-wise, it's still a cabinet, but there is plenty of room to grow one big scrog or a couple nice big plants which is enough. Being somewhat of a connoisseur though, I want the best I can make. So, I'm paying as much attention to detail and environment as I can right now. I've already got some good genetics too, so method is all that remains short of a few side items like clip-on fans, temp/rh monitor etc,.

Thanks for your input. it's always welcomed.

No problem Bud,

What are the inside dimensions ? Eye balling it from the pic I'd say 26" x 18" maybe 55" tall. I guestimate being able to utilize the whole space maybe a yield of 3oz max ,dried and cured that would be everything dialed in perfect. What are you shooting for ? What genetics are you looking at?

Thanks / PEACE

Good advice Wacky. That's pretty much my same approach. I read, read, read and read some more and waffle between solutions. I decided months ago all I wanted to do was supply my own modest needs so went with this cab. Though it's large-ish cabinet-wise, it's still a cabinet, but there is plenty of room to grow one big scrog or a couple nice big plants which is enough. Being somewhat of a connoisseur though, I want the best I can make. So, I'm paying as much attention to detail and environment as I can right now. I've already got some good genetics too, so method is all that remains short of a few side items like clip-on fans, temp/rh monitor etc,.

Thanks for your input. it's always welcomed.

That's where depth perception can get skewed a bit. Inside dimensions are 28" x 40" and I'm 5'10" and can stand inside it with about 8"-10" clearance. I've gotten some of the traditional "starter" strains, but mostly all shorter plants; Vanilla Kush, 8-ball kush, pineapple chunk plus about 10 freebies that I can't recall right now. I figured I'd start with the most bullet-proof strain...8ball.

Cool beans , that's even better what are you thinking yield wise?

That's where depth perception can get skewed a bit. Inside dimensions are 28" x 40" and I'm 5'10" and can stand inside it with about 8"-10" clearance. I've gotten some of the traditional "starter" strains, but mostly all shorter plants; Vanilla Kush, 8-ball kush, pineapple chunk plus about 10 freebies that I can't recall right now. I figured I'd start with the most bullet-proof strain...8ball.

Dare I even wager a guess? Honestly, I plan on getting good genetics, providing a very nice environment and treating them like my children...and I guess I'll see. Seriously, I haven't considered yield yet, but if this thing grows well, I may just do some LST or even a scrog and hope for a couple heavy oz. on the low side...maybe double that on the high side per plant and running 2-3 depending on how well they all play together in there. I'm a pretty quick study so hopefully I can pull something without committing murder my first time through and tweak it to improve next time around.

One of the other last things I need to get is a smallish gnome, but buying one has always been bad luck. I need to "find" one somewhere and liberate him to nirvana.

LOL , they tend to wander garden to garden.

One of the other last things I need to get is a smallish gnome, but buying one has always been bad luck. I need to "find" one somewhere and liberate him to nirvana.

Treat em with love bro. Best of luck....YOU CAN DO IT !

Dare I even wager a guess? Honestly, I plan on getting good genetics, providing a very nice environment and treating them like my children...and I guess I'll see. Seriously, I haven't considered yield yet, but if this thing grows well, I may just do some LST or even a scrog and hope for a couple heavy oz. on the low side...maybe double that on the high side per plant and running 2-3 depending on how well they all play together in there. I'm a pretty quick study so hopefully I can pull something without committing murder my first time through and tweak it to improve next time around.

Picked up a 2'x4 T5 light last night to get it all started and through the first couple weeks of veg, then when I switch it to the LED I can use it vertically for fill. I also nabbed a TEMP/hygrometer too (gotta know the details) and last, but far from least, my MARS II is...OUT FOR DELIVERY!!

:slide:

My MARS II came today and I spent a little time getting it hung. So, here are a couple pics of unpacking and installed.

unbox.jpg

unpacked.jpg

LED_140x5w.jpg

The T5 panel was just leaning on the back in this pic, but its width allows me to situate it perfectly with the wires running on the outside of the LED without interfering once hung...and it IS only a short term light anyway so removal will be straightforward and simple after ~2 weeks of germ/veg

I did some McGyvering last night and hung the T5, checked and fixed a couple light leaks and put some fine mesh screen over some of the intakes, mostly for piece of mind, but also as a hair filter since I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I ran it with everything on to check noise levels as well as temps. Ideally, I will find a way to dampen the noise a bit because while not obnoxious, I can still hear it when things are mostly quiet in the house, but only in the hallway, and this spare room is at the end too so not too bad. Temps, well, they got up to 86.4 after running 2 hours. The upside is, it sits right under a central air vent and I'm considering splitting the vent between the room and cab (would be easy, but maybe ugly). I'll also need to blackout the windows and would like suggestions on that front.

So, that's it for now. Still debating method. Went to Home depot today to get some items for other home repairs and checked for vermiculite and perlite. No verm and the only perlite they had was MG...not. So, the immediate impulse to drop a hempy test run is sated...for now. WalMart is across the street from home depot, but sometimes I'd rather get a sharp stick in my eye than go in there.

A couple images. No dead diodes, and the flouro panel straddles the MarsII splendidly. The pic of the closed cab is with lights on.

no_dead_diodes.jpg

both_lights2.jpg

both_lights_on.jpg

locked_loaded.jpg

Back
Top Bottom