Hermie!

Extortion

How Common Are They??
One Of My Girls Has White Pistils Everywhere But in Other Places i See What Looks Like To Be Balls So Im Not 100% Sure If Its A Hermie :hmmmm:

Is it bagseed or a female clone?
it will most likely turn hermie if your conditions are not good. light, temp, humid, air flow, and more... so much to check :cheesygrinsmiley:

you should pinch the balls off if you know they are lil sacks

Bagseed lol :cool:
Im Not 100% They're Balls But They Look Like It So Ill Wait & Give It a Few More Days To Make Sure... It's My First Grow So I Don't Trust Myself Just Yet lol :D
I'm Running 12 100 Watt CFLS Temp Stays Around 70-82 Humidity I Have Trouble With I Can Raise It No Problem But Cant Lower It So It Sometimes Gets Up To 70/80 But Most Days Its 50/60

thats a lil high on the humidity, 50 or 60 would be good, but up in the 80's might give them some stress, or cause moisture problems on the buds

Check one of the nuts under a microscope to see if there are any crystals. There should be next to none because male organs do not produce much if any THC. If you have male organs coming out of a bud do not look at the buds shell because it will have crystals.

I've only done this once and it turned out to be true, but I can't guarantee it is a sure fire way to tell.

Thanks Hightide, l8tnightskunk & cannalearna..
I'll Be Sure To Get Some Pics Up asap ;) & I'll Give Updates On The Hermie Situation... :peace:

Are you close to the end of flowering? Some strains will produce a male flower or two on the end of the cola late in flowering if they have not been fertilized. Often you can pick them off; if it is late enough they might not even have time to produce much in the way of seeds anyway.

Otherwise, if it is not almost the end of flowering and you are seeing "balls," you could still try to pick them off by hand but it's pretty likely that you will lose that game and harvest more seeded bud than unseeded bud. In that scenario, most would probably sacrifice the herm to save the true female (and her buds).

I'm Running 12 100 Watt CFLS Temp Stays Around 70-82 Humidity I Have Trouble With I Can Raise It No Problem But Cant Lower It So It Sometimes Gets Up To 70/80 But Most Days Its 50/60

Wow, 12 100-watt CFLs must have been an expensive purchase. I've seen 105-watt CFLs go for $25 and up (each) so 12 of them plus sockets/etc. would have been the same or even more expensive than getting a 1000-watt HPS and the HPS would have been cheaper to run by 200 watts - and the 1Kw HPS would have been FAR brighter and had a lot more penetration.

Or did you mis-type and mean 26-watt CFLs?

My Bad lol..
I Meant To Say 12 23W=100W 2700k Equivalent Soft White N:vision Bulbs..
My Boy Told Me They Were The Best CFLs To Buy So I Got Them..
I'm In My Second Week Of Flowering And Noticing Balls More Down The Plant And White Hairs At The Top ...I'll Have Pics On Tomorrow So Everyone Can Get a Look :smokin:

My Bad lol..
I Meant To Say 12 23W=100W 2700k Equivalent Soft White N:vision Bulbs..
My Boy Told Me They Were The Best CFLs To Buy So I Got Them..

Ok. Might want to drop the "equivalent" part out of the description since the bulbs they purport to be equal to (incandescent) are completely useless to the grower.

Oh, and most WalMart's have a 42-watt CFL that puts out 2700 lumens. Probably very close to the lumen-per-watt of your 23-watt bulbs but more gross lumens. They seem to be in the same ballpark spectrum-wise. If those 23-watt bulbs output 1700 lumens, then the 42-watt ones would give you around 58% more lumens per bulb. Just a thought for when your current ones start getting some hours on them and you are replacing them I guess.

I'm In My Second Week Of Flowering And Noticing Balls More Down The Plant And White Hairs At The Top ...I'll Have Pics On Tomorrow So Everyone Can Get a Look :smokin:

Wow, that's early and from the description you've got more than one male flower to deal with. I think if it were me I'd just cull it from your herd or at the very least isolate it as far from the true female as possible (different room at least) and then if I wanted seeds I might collect a tiny amount of its pollen to hand-pollinate the girl. Some of the seeds might be female but I suppose some might be herms too. I guess I'd kill the thing and if I was so early into flowering and had a hole in the grow room from doing so I might consider going back to veg for a few weeks to let the remaining plant grow a little more. I dunno, up to you. But I think if you just let it stay and try to keep picking off the male flowers, you're going to have a LOT of seeds in your buds.

Thanks For Your Input. I'm Gonna Give It a Few More Days Before I Cut It Down Just To Be Sure ya Know... What Brand Of Lights Are You Talking About at Wal-Mart I Might Give Them a Try

Ge energy smart 42-watt. Number is 97728.

Turn that freak into compost.

im looking for everyones opinion of these pictures

If you keep waiting, you'll have your OWN opinion when the thing blows pollen all over your girls:slide:.

Off with 'is head!

Back
Top Bottom