Hermie!

Sure you can. And if you figure out how to not miss any the entire flowering cycle you can let me in on your secret lol.

Seriously, if you are seeing male flowers this early... Well if I had that plant and it was the only plant I had and I didn't have any seeds, I believe I'd kill shim and go for a walk & check every baggie I saw laying in the gutter for more magic beans.

But you seem bound and determined to keep it, so go ahead. You might get lucky and not have that many seeds come harvest. And look on the bright side - you're harvest ought to come early sinse (err.. wrong spelling in this case) I mean since your buds will have fully-fertillized seeds long before the date they would otherwise be mature and be able to just stop.

Maybe we can get a pool going on your eventual final seed count. I'll stick my imaginary dollar on... 643.

lmao i will actually give everyone my final count i jus dont wanna get rid of him/her :bigblush: but i been pulling some balls off ill just stop lol since it wont really do much thanks again ill keep this thread updated.... :peace:

Naw, pulling shim's "balls" off (if you're going to keep it) ought to help. If one male can pollinate half a field (or an entire growroom) worth of females, I'd imagine that each one that you manage to find and pull off would have been able to pollenate the entire plant (or at least however many female flowers are mature enough when it erupts and shortly thereafter).

It's just that it's pretty easy to miss one on a plant that doesn't even start growing bananas until late in the cycle. And one that starts this early is likely to produce a lot of them. I take it that it's your only plant and you don't want to go without for the additional time it would take for you to grow a plant or two long enough to take cuttings and sex them? I guess that might make it a more difficult decision than if there were other girls to give you bud (and to be put at risk by the shim).

Good luck in your endeavor. Stay vigilant, those things have a way of hiding on a decent-sized plant, especially after the buds start filling in.

Thank You TorturedSoul For Helping & Yes its really my only plant besides a small runt...
Im keeping the hermie alive and im gonna keep updates on it :cheer:
tomorrow i will pick every ball i see in sight to try and control this horrible situation

ok so there are a few open but i cut off around 20-40 balls and i see none now will they keep growing throughout flowering??

ok so there are a few open but i cut off around 20-40 balls and i see none now will they keep growing throughout flowering??

I know its not easy growing since you have to be keeping up with the plants and half of your attention goes to them, but common man your cutting off 20-40 balls. with the time that your taking in cutting off the balls and such you could have already started on another 2 seeds i know how it is to get attatched to your plants but this one you might just need to let go my friend, just my opinion...

I mean you shouldnt feel bad or anything im not telling you to quit growing im just saying that if you have alot time on your hands why not start over no ones perfect their first time, if anything just learn from this hermie we know you can grow you just have to switch your set up something so next time you get a female im not an expert either im just starting to learn just like you, no hard feelings

none taken bro.. i really dont expect much from these 2 plants anyways im just gonna wait it out a little and buy better seeds this month
thanks bro

Hey what do you know, the hermie doesnt look that bad, she/he actually looks like its doing good, now i see why you didnt want to kill it. I dont blame you now after seeing it, looks like you have a nice setup as well

thanks bro this plant has been growing really good.. this was a good first time learning experience, next grow the hermie dies :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom